Another...What are you listening to, right now?

2 Likes

I have also been discogs’ing today and cant get over the value of some stuff.

So far, top 10 in value:
5 by The Cure
2 by God Machine
1 x Alice in Chains, Aphex Twin and Elvis box set

9 out of 10 from the 90s

About half way through collection so far, but its a fascinating, tedious, time consuming thing to do

1 Like

I’m fairly new to vinyl, if you know, or find out an album is worth a lot of money do you play it less? Does it become a special occasion LP or do you not give a fck and just play it whenever you want to listen to it?

Yeah lots of my nineties stuff is some of my most valuable only pipped by original early mono Beatles and a couple of Pink Floyd albums and a few really obscure low pressing numbered punk singles.
Quiet funny given the current dig/analogue hoo ha as 90’s are pretty much all digitally mastered. Possibly rarer because the 90’s was a real low for records mates used to laugh at me for not buying CDs. Couldn’t even buy records in HMV and Virgin stores.

I have the EHR LP5 release, never knew how rare it was until today.
Although looks like I missed its peak should have sold it years ago.

Absolutely, I fluctuate between feeling quite smug and wanting to smash everything. At least 80’s/90’s releases are quickly identified some 60’s stuff is a nightmare where they were pressing 100,000 copies a day going through stampers and doing 4 or more recuts a month.

I dont know yet tbh, this is the first time i have been through this, but i have so many records which hardly ever get an outing i doubt the value makes much odds tbh

The interesting thing is that i have absolutely no wish to sell any of the most valuable, because i really like them and want to keep them, but there are a number in the next band down at £80 to £120 i would happily move on, such as Coldplay, Guns n Roses and Aphex Twin which i know i will not have any desire to play, and am quite surprised i bought them in the first place tbh :rofl:

3 Likes

Yeah, some of the 60s and 70s stuff i have was a a real pain to work out, (Hendrix and Hawkwind i am talking to you!) 250+ vinyl versions, same cover and often the same codes, having to go through photos and check run out grooves
… only to discover it is a reissue worth £9 :roll_eyes:

1 Like

:smiley: Just finished my Bob Dylan most are 70’s reissues worth about a tenner then I found my Bringing it all back home was a UK mono 1965 original worth £13 :smiley:

2 Likes

7 Likes

Inspired by @Wayward posting this last week.

Found a 2006 Decca reissue that sounds pretty decent

LP

2 Likes

My most valuable record (on median values) is an album of cover songs :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

1 Like

Like it?

1 Like

Right up my strasse :ok_hand:

1 Like