Any old Pics - replicating google images, one post at a time (Part 1)

1 Like

1 Like

Looks like the same artist who used to design the bags for Probe records in Liverpool

2 Likes

5 Likes

Shea stadium?

Yes,1966

1 Like

1 Like

More of Brian Epstein here
some great photos

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/photos/brian-epstein?family=editorial&sort=mostpopular&phrase=brian%20epstein

1 Like

Air Canada installed a dance floor in 1972 for their transatlantic flights in an effort to attract more passengers that wanted to dance.

5 Likes

Looking at these pics just highlights how well groomed everyone was. Were the 60s the peak of tailoring in terms of quality? @Wayward

Ha! I was rather snottily looking at them thinking that most of them wore poorly made tailoring!

In those days there were loads of tailors everywhere, good and bad. Style wise, the sixties to me anyway, was the time when tailoring really changed from formal to informal/fashion and The Beatles were at the forefront of that. Suits from that point became something you went to work in. The later pics there show them wearing tailoring and casual stuff together and the tailoring in some cases is quite far out. On the other hand, Brian Epstein remained very soberly dressed (It was his idea to dress the band in tailoring early on). The lounge suit had perhaps reached it’s pinnacle at that point and is a definite counter point to the more avant-garde stuff worn by The Beatles themselves and by the mid to late sixties they were rebelling. Tailoring was never the same again.

2 Likes

Whoever did Connery’s suits in the 60’s Bond films was a genius.

This suit is fantastic

3 Likes

Looks like he slept in it.

2 Likes

He did, think that was fort knox where they had knocked him out

Just before a bit of pussy…

3 Likes

Cyril Castle, he was on Conduit St. His USP was the Conduit Cut, which was no different to what Savile Row was doing at the time but helped differentiate him as a bit of an outsider. The peak of the lounge suit imv. Most tailors were defined by their customers, Tom Jones also went to Castle, while Hayward on Mount St was doing something similar to Savile Row but without the formality or stag’s heads sticking out of the wall. Both Hayward and Castle offered something different atmosphere wise to Savile Row for a younger crowd who wanted to dress sober and away from the more outlandish stuff the rock stars were wearing as offered by Tommy Nutter on Savile Row and Granny Takes a Trip in Chelsea et al.

5 Likes

He had probably worn it quite hard/ got hot in it but that is what I mean about poorly made. It gives him a louche air tho’, which if intentional or not makes him very stylish. It helps that he was a pretty handsome man!

1 Like

Hayward

3 Likes

Cyril Castle

2 Likes

I suspect Connery and Moore would make a Burton suit look half decent.

1 Like

DRESS SOME CUNTS, CASTLE, YOU FRAUD :smiley:

2 Likes