Any old Pics - replicating google images, one post at a time (Part 1)

it is an amazing painting

I love this one

John Dillon Street - Francis Matthews

2 Likes

And this one :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Double wow :astonished::astonished:

Iā€™d love that as a photo, let alone a painting!

Thatā€™s a remarkable feat of painting

Iā€™m going to have to try and source a print (of a painting pretending to be a print).

My head hurts !

1 Like

Perhaps the fact that itā€™s a painting allows him to do things that would be very difficult with a camera ? The sky is very dark compared with some of the other blacks in the image. Real-world skies above towns and cities, especially when itā€™s raining, are greyed by stray urban light scattering off the cloud, and the rain itself. But the effect heā€™s achieved - of an inky darkness looming over a deserted streetscape is wonderful. I donā€™t know how easy it would be to achieve with digital processing of a camera image, even assuming you could find a city lit up but without a soul in it.

VB

That is the corner of Georges Street and Dame Street in Dublin. You would pass it walking from Trinity College to Dublin Castle if you have visited Dublin. Temple Bar where all the eye-diddle-diddle Pubs are is basically just behind you in terms of the painting. It is very, very good.

1 Like

Sammy Davis Jrā€™s mother Elvera Sanchez Davis.

First time Iā€™ve ever seen a photograph of her.

4 Likes

Roky Erickson and his mum Evelyn 1966.

4 Likes

Wow ! She is beautiful.

2 Likes

A very troubled guy and a sad tale.

It certainly is

Contestants in the Miss America pageant participating in competitive ironing, 1954.

Fuckā€™s sakeā€¦ :confounded:

2 Likes

Thought that was Straya 2004 for a second.

4 Likes

Competitive ironing is still a thing. Some years ago at the IFA show in Berlin, Philips was letting you take on the Dutch national ironing champion at ironing a shirt. The champ had an ordinary iron while you got to use the latest and greatest ā€˜smart iron.ā€™ The good news for gender progress was that that the champion was a (really nice) bloke called Bart.

2 Likes

I can only imagine the size of the body count if you told 8 Strayans to do some ironing.

Yes I can imagine with the feral ones, but wot about the domesticated variety?

Eh? What the fuck are you on about? Domesticated Strayansā€¦pppffffttā€¦