Any old Pics - replicating google images, one post at a time (Part 2)

Wow!

1 Like

Samuel Charters recording Sleepy John Estes - Summer 1962 - Ann Charters

5 Likes

A friend has WhasApped me. His daughter is doing some sort of project on the fall of the Berlin Wall. He can’t find his photos of our Interrailing antics - do I have any?

So I’ve been dutifully scanning them all in. It was only when this one came up full-screen on the PC that I realised that there is an itty bitty Guy leaning against the wall trying to look nonchalent :laughing:

August 1989

12 Likes

and with hair :grin:

Up yours :grinning:

1 Like

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Early to the party (by 3 months!)

World War at Sea – c. 1943

4 Likes

Skinningrove, North Yorkshire by Graham Smith

8 Likes

Husbands are hard to come by in Skinningrove, she’s hanging on to that one!

4 Likes

I love this type of photograph - always make you wonder what the story behind it is.

It’s Skinningrove, you really don’t want to follow that story up.

:no_entry:

4 Likes

I bow to your superior knowledge Paul :grinning:

1 Like

I took the bait and looked up the Wiki entry on Skinningrove
Oarfish
On 17 February 2003, a rarely seen oarfish was caught by angler Val Fletcher, using a fishing rod baited with squid.[3] The fish was 11 ft 4 in (3.3 m) long and weighed 140 lb (63.5 kg). Graham Hill, the science officer at the Deep, an aquarium in Hull, said that he had never heard of another oarfish being caught off the coast of Britain. The Natural History Museum in London said that it would have been interested in preserving the fish in its permanent collection; however the fish had been ‘cut up into steaks’ before any scientists could examine it.

5 Likes

Eero Aarnio Bubble Chair - Happy Wednesday

5 Likes

Oh great, now I have to get the cheese-grater and gritty Swarfega out!

3 Likes

Piccadilly (1929) Starring Anna May Wong

6 Likes

Song called ‘Anna May’

Bettman via Getty Images

15-year-old Elizabeth Eckford walking away from a crowd outside a high school in Little Rock, Ark. after being refused entry by armed National Guard. 1957

4 Likes