Any old Pics - replicating google images, one post at a time (Part 2)

A young @Tons_of_fun perhaps?

Those who have attempted the dangerwank know what it is to be truly alive.

6 Likes

@Valvebloke?

3 Likes

The shades, corduroy & loafers identify ā€˜stunttuggerā€™ as a man of nonchalant ease and comfort, particularly in the face of death.

1 Like

Dr. Beechingā€™s intentions now seems all the more sinisterā€¦

Scottā€™s Restaurant c.1950 (The restaurant moved location in 1967)
A favorite of Ian Fleming, he had a regular spot at the restaurant, a right-hand corner table for two on the first floor. The restaurant features in several Bond Books:
Moonraker: Bond sat at his favorite restaurant table in London, the right-hand corner table for two on the first floor, and watched the people and traffic in Piccadilly and down the Haymarket.

You only live twice: Be an angel, Penny and ring down to Mary and tell her sheā€™s got to get out of whatever sheā€™s doing tonight. Iā€™m taking her out to dinner. Scottā€™s. Tell her weā€™ll have our first roast grouse of the year and pink champagne. Celebration.

Diamonds are forever: Iā€™ll take you to Scottā€™s and weā€™ll have some of their dressed crab and a pint of black velvet ā€¦

Apart from the fiction the place saw itā€™s own share of murder & intrigue.

on the evening of 12 November 1975 at 9.28 p.m. a large object came crashing through one of the two large round plate-glass windows. Seconds later a 5-pound shrapnel-laced gelignite throw bomb exploded.

Not satisfied with blowing it up once, less than a month later:

On 6 December 1975 the same gang stole a blue Ford Cortina which drove unnaturally slowly down a road in Mayfair. A policeman, incredulously, watched someone in the car open fire with a Sten gun at Scottā€™s ā€“ the same Mount Street restaurant that had been attacked less than four weeks earlier.

Apparently the fish there is still rather good.

4 Likes

Just donā€™t have it with red wine, or Bond will suss you out.

1 Like

L train station, New York, 1964

View from FDR Drive downtown, 1964, New York

11 Likes

Love the station shot

1 Like

I think I would enjoy a Tolkien party

13 Likes

Chip the glasses and smash the plates!
Blunt the knives and bend the forks!
Thatā€™s what Bilbo Baggins hates -
Smash the bottles and burn the corks!

Lost on me, Iā€™m afraid. Iā€™d go to his parties but I havenā€™t read any of his books.

7th Avenue looking South from 35th Street New York by Berenice Abbott 1935

3 Likes

Probably a jazz man.

1 Like

Heā€™s getting one to the bollox for the association
Double agent

Dispatches from the mind garden

I recognise this view very well. Itā€™s taken from the doorway to Hayward where I used to work.

That place is a magnet for slebs and their attendant paparazzi. Sometimes it could be absolutely mental, people running everywhere! The doormen would tip the photographers off for a bung.

We used to watch Charles Saatchi and Nigella Lawson have a glass of wine at the same table every Saturday morning. We werenā€™t the only onesā€¦

4 Likes

3 Likes

Crime Story 1957. Life Magazine shoot by Gordon Parks

6 Likes

Wayward@hayward