Any old Pics - replicating google images, one post at a time (Part 2)

2 Likes

“Well Alright” this is not alright

2 Likes

Young’s Ford Dealership - Sunderland

Photo - Sunderland Historical Society.

15 Likes

Would the residents of Shore St prefer this to be in the Park like a cunt thread :grin: ?

2 Likes

Great Fred Lyon photograph taken at the 1958 Monterrey Jazz Festival

4 Likes

Expert napping on the go.

1 Like

Richmond riverside with The White Cross pub in the background. One of my many watering holes.

8 Likes

And ours when we lived in Richmond. We turned down a job as a management couple there but liked the Guvnor and his wife.

1 Like

I used to get the overground from kilburn and meet my pal who lived just over the bridge in Rosslyn road. Great pub.

I remember a couple of huge salmon being washed up on the jetty thing at low tide which weirdly sticks in my mind

I remember one Summers evening in 1992ish, collecting glasses at 2am to help the staff who were obliged to clear up the entire area every night.
I also remember being exceptionally drunk :grin:

Pick one.

2 Likes

Even at my most drunk, I may have blank moments, but I still remember stuff. Often guilt laden, but a memory none the less.

Practice makes perfect :+1:

1 Like

Practice isn’t an iss……. You do know who you’re talking to, right ?

1 Like

Rodriguez (Sugarman) in London

11 Likes

I travelled to see him at the Deaf Institute in Manchester with a long gone ex late 2000s after being introduced to him by a South African friend in the 90s. Back then I remember having to get Tower Records to import the CD at stupid additional costs as he was unknown in the UK. I then had to import again as my mate refused to give me the cd back I loaned him as he said it was too good. I had been a massive fan of the sugar man so spent £300 on the trip to go to a £12 a ticket gig with around 200 people at best, he was still pretty unknown at this point. The Deaf Institute had a really cool speaker wall behind the bar. Unfortunately, the gig was a shambles, he was nervous, drunk as a skunk, incoherent and asking the gig goers for more wine, which some duly obliged. I left really disappointed then, hero status ruined. A number of years later the movie came out and he became a big deal. I don’t hold a grudge against him, just wish I’d seen him in top form.

2 Likes

David Holmes put him on at the Barbican - did anyone go?

Searching for Sugar Man, a one and a half hour film on youtube. If your a fan or not, worth a viewing. Strange, yet talented fella.

1 Like

7 Likes

WALL STREET 1956 ???

1 Like