Any old Pics - replicating google images, one post at a time (Part 1)

Birmingham in the 60s

Kevin rowland looking for a drummer

5 Likes

My old boozer

The last shop standing in this part of Grimesthorpe.

1 Like

The buildings on the left are still there. The buildings on the right are long gone. The pub at the bottom has stop serving but the building is still there.

1 Like

This was taken near the front of our family home. Some vechicles used to use it as a short cut speedway. This led to a number of accidents including my older brother and best mate getting knocked down, in the 60s and 70s respectively.

Those buildings were my old schools.

6 Likes

Steve Ignorant is a lifeboatman at Sea Palling

2 Likes

Juliette Gréco gets the faff conniption

Juliette Gréco - Puzzled

https://scontent.flhr2-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/33163155_1686496208132609_4531919043992485888_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=d3098bbccea2160c956cfc83acccc8cf&oe=5B87C532

7 Likes

Big Brother & the Holding Company in bed, 1967

2 Likes

Clipping from the Funzie Echo

3 Likes

Tofu? We’ll have none of that creamy Italian dessert muck here, tha kno’s.

Indecency by Isaac Cruikshank, 1799

3 Likes

Stalin’s Rope Roads

The tramway above the steep valley mining town of Chiatura, Georgia, is a public transport system not for the feint-hearted. Chiatura is criss-crossed by the “Kanatnaya Doroga” (“rope road”), a network of Soviet-era aerial tramways. It’s still in use. In the early 20th century, after the Soviet Union seized control of leader Joseph Stalin’s native Georgia, the authorities constructed a workers’ town to mine Chiatura’s vast manganese deposits. Tramway 25 was the first passenger tramway in the USSR and has run almost continuously since its first journey in 1954.

4 Likes

Fantastic views :+1:, as you plummet to your death.

1 Like

That would make a great Aphex Twin album cover :+1:

2 Likes

Tramway reminds me of the one in Barcelona that goes across the harbour. When we went on it the guard opened the door in the floor because he could. We all felt a bit :fearful::face_vomiting::nauseated_face:

This was many years ago before Ryanair etc started to fly there.

Well it seems Stronzetto fever is picking up with protestors and pan handlers

3 Likes
2 Likes

I was interested to see where this was.

Funnily enough now an Oddbins just off London Bridge.

2 Likes