Any old Pics - replicating google images, one post at a time (Part 1)

In the sixties it was quite a dangerous place to hang about in and as cheap as chips.

It still has itā€™s moments, itā€™s not chaep now but is cheaper than Santa Monica.

You bet I used to live in Santa Monica in the late sixties and there was no comparison price wise.
Santa Monica was a British enclave then and swinging baby.

3 Likes

Ahh - thatā€™s why two of my aunts lived there. Or it may have been in the early 70s

Brighton beach 1976

Quite alarming the difference added sugar in both food & particularly drinks has made since

8 Likes

Iā€™ve looked hard for a fatty

1 Like

Apparently we werenā€™t eating less or being particularly more active but the Sugar industry has simply found ways to get far more of it into foodstuffs & particularly drinks.

World class comb-over thoā€™ :grinning:

MWS-A-scope

7 Likes

More muscle beach pics, from the 60s this time -

1 Like

Not sure that 4th one is :grinning:

Sorry meant to add 70s :blush:

Scary to see most of the guys in the weightlifting pics with bare feet.

VB

Not particularly Graeme. Squats and deadlifts are much better barefoot when you can ā€˜gripā€™ the floor with your toes, and thereā€™s no cushion between the base of your heels and the floor.

In terms of a dropping hazard, with the weights involved trainers or anything this side of steel toe capped boots arenā€™t going to make much difference if a disc or a loaded barbell lands on your feet.

Any case, it sharpens the mind - donā€™t drop the fucking weight stupid!

No I meant Iā€™m not sure itā€™s at Venice. Looks more like an army camp or prison.

1 Like

Just 25 years of being responsible first for myself and then for others at work, Iā€™m afraid ā€¦ A quick Google of competition weightlifting pics shows pretty much everyone in shoes but Iā€™m sure youā€™re right that even steelies would struggle with the whole lot coming down. More to the point in a competitive environment everything is well organised - bits and pieces arenā€™t lying around at random, there are marshalls keeping their eyes open etc etc. Itā€™s the daft stuff as much as anything - someone elseā€™s loaded bar casually rolling over your little toe, someone turning round and stubbing their toe on a pile of weights theyā€™d forgotten was there, that sort of thing.

VB

Yeah toe-stubbing looks the biggest risk, second to leaving your weights lying around and one of the silver backs stubbing their toe on itā€¦

I would go for a pancaked pinky toe over an inverted penis and uncontrollable royd rage.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the Gold and Silver medalists in Mr Body Dysmorphia 1978

Is that a young Arnie?

Yeah those Minstrels could do that

1 Like