Armand Nicolet J-09 automatic wristwatch

Starting to consolidate my collection as I fancy one of the new Damasko centre-hand chronos.

Armand Nicolet is an overlooked gem - a fully independent company making distinctive and interesting watches in Tramelan, in the Swiss Jura, since 1875.

The J-09 is their sports/dress crossover model - pitched at the same design segment as things like AP’s Royal Oak or PP’s Nautilus and Aquanaut, just at a massively more attainable price.

This is the current model, retailing at CHF 1,750 (~parity with GBP), bought new by me in 2020. It’s been worn about a dozen times and is in excellent condition with just a few light swirlies on some polished surfaces, and a little desk-rash on the clasp (see pics below).

It’s full set - boxes, tickets, tags, paperwork, polishing cloth, spare links etc.

Cheapest one I can find is the old model with the dull face, on the cheaper rubber strap (you’d need a new one if it’s not cut to your size), it’s scruffier and £750.
I’m looking for £650 to include RMSD to UK addresses - collection’s fine too!

9 Likes

Offers considered.

I have some Extremely sharp Japanese knives that you admired earlier ?

Seriously… very handsome looking quality watch for the monies…Nudge

And they’re lovely, but cash is gonna go down better when I rock-up with it at the bank… :wink:

1 Like