1 Like

It’s a pity the red spot wasn’t the entry point for a bullet

4 Likes

Not much scran in there

Johnson gets expelled
Johnson starts own party/joins UKIP
Brexit fails, Johnson has distanced himself from all responsibility
Government falls
Johnson gets on big white horse and gallops back to save the Con party and the Country

Who wins the election is decided by bigotry, is Labour’s Antisemitism issue a bigger vote loser that Johnson’s anti Islam position?
Public’s distrust of Corbyn wins the day and Johnson is PM

I go and shoot myself

3 Likes

If that happened I think we’d all want the gun after you. Bring it to Lopwell - the place could look like Waiko afterwards

I’m puzzled by the Boris comment hoo-ha. Yes, it was crass, but if you Google a picture of a woman in a burka, followed by a picture of someone looking through a letterbox, it cannot be denied there are distinct similarities between the two.

Have you googled a picture of a bank robber?

2 Likes

I hadn’t but I just did.

First result looks remarkably like a bloke wearing a burka…

That’s alright then

1 Like

Yes, yet unusually for Boris it was also quite clever. The comment was actually embedded in an article whose main point was that unlike a lot of other countries the UK has not banned the burka and Boris says he doesn’t think we should. With that comment he will have got most people (me included) on his side. It’s only then that he launches into the insults and when people criticise him for them he’ll claim that in reality he’s all for the important things - personal freedom, tolerance of others’ preferences, state non-interference etc etc. And the burka bashing was just pointing out incongruous behaviour in a northern-European environment.

VB

WTF

No it wasn’t clever. It was crass and unnecessary. His point could have easily been made by someone with year 7 English FFS.

He was being a cunt as always and playing to people who find his comments blokey and jocular.

Frankly I’m surprised any on here thinks otherwise.

3 Likes

What I meant was that it was clever of him to juxtapose it with an argument for not banning the public wearing of the burka. It was the juxtaposition that was clever. Whether the comment was appropriate is a different matter. But the right to criticise and/or make fun of religions and their practices has been controversial for a long time. The ‘Je Suis Charlie’ campaign, for example, was in part a defence of that right. As was the Pythons’ response to claims that ‘Life of Brian’ caused unnecessary upset to devout Christians.

VB

1 Like

Ok. I don’t see it that way. I see it as Johnson causing trouble as he always does. There’s a certain percentage of the population who will take his simplistic arguments as deep enough and the whole issue.

It’s an incredibly complicated issue. And to author an article which mentions letter boxes and armed robbers is purile in the extreme even for him FFS.

1 Like

2fkxrr

1 Like

I’d like to say that’s bollocks but I was wrong about the Brexit Ref and the Murican election in 2016. So what the fuck do I know…

I won’t even waste one of my c words on him.

That fucknugget IDS is defending Bojo’s Mindfarts in The Guardian today. Here is a summary:

:clown_face::poop::clown_face::poop:

3 Likes

He was doing the “I might not agree with what he says but I’ll defend to the death his right to say it” thing on the Today programme this morning.

VB