Armchair politics

Obvious tax avoidance is obvious. And so the greedy now seek to offer the defence that they were gullible :laughing:

2 Likes

The scheme they offered my wife was a loan scheme based on the Isle of Mann, the HRMC even had a warning on its web page, yet many signed up for it. The accountants knew it was as dodgy as fuck, but hey, the commission is in the bag so fuck it.

Maybe lying & promising things that can’t be delivered doesn’t play so well after all. The 7 point lead disappears along with the prospect of an early GE.

1 Like

Witch

There are a lot of worse things I could think of calling her.

I wonder if Chucky will pull the trigger this week? If he does, I wonder if any one half decent will step forward to lead it?

“!Two-fifths (40%) think a new political party would be the best way for people like them to be represented, while 59% would consider voting for a new centre-ground party.”

I wonder if they’d be good enough to take Kate Hoey with them.

1 Like

Lol, I suspect not. I think people will just wait for father time to have his inevitable effect.

I doubt she’ll be Labour’s candidate for Vauxhall at the next GE, even if Father Time doesn’t show up.

Trigger pulled

I’m not sure how this forced Corbyn to uphold the PV pledge…but then I’m not sure a gun to his head would force him to uphold it :neutral_face:

Be interesting to see who the backers are and if this is the start of a new party or just a fuck you very much to Corbyn.

They probably sounded out a few people already about launching a new party and worked out they don’t have the support or financial backing. It would probably need 4-5 moderate Tories to do the same to have a hope.

Endorsement from the angel of death. Great.

1 Like

Same from Farage, the Right will encourage this as ten years of infighting on the Left will only ever benefit the Right.

I shouldn’t think the people behind the Peoples Vote campaign are too thrilled about this.

I liked the suggestion on Twitter that this new party should be called Chuka Vision. :grinning:

2 Likes

Oh dear…

Ironic that on the day the DCMS report regarding the interference in elections through social media gets published, it gets shunted down the news agenda by the very people who, one would have thought, might welcome it the most. They might have done better to wait another day or two.

6 Likes

Angela Smith certainly getting the shiny, new, anti-racism Independent Group off to a cracking start.