Armchair politics

I wonder what Putin and Assad will say once a few PMs have been done? I note they think it is safe enough to ship a few people to damascus, but not safe enough to ship Inspectors the other way. What a surprise.

They’re going in on Wednesday.

Some amazing footage today of the underground fortress built by the rebels underneath the hospital in Douma. There’s no way they built it without considerable external assistance. Tunnels tall & wide enough to drive trucks into. The last stronghold and the end of an oppressive reign by the headchoppers that’s lasted years. No wonder the locals are celebrating being rid of the bastards. It’ll put an end to the shelling of Damascus too.

Robert Fisk, a genuine journalist makes it into Douma as opposed to the BBC,Sky, ITV etc who haven’t actually been there but who’ve instead been getting their news from highly questionable sources.

After all of yesterday’s BS in Parliament, the truth starts to emerge.

Just in case anyone’s not registered to vote in the forthcoming local elections:

https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote

You’ve got until midnight!

3 Likes
2 Likes

Truly shameful.

2 Likes

A home office ethos that began under Theresa May.

1 Like

This.

Even when apologising to parliament yesterday, Amber Rudd sounded pissed off that they had been found out.

1 Like

Thing is, there’s a selfish, ugly part of me that thinks there’s plenty enough human beings of every kind cluttering-up this overcrowded backwater already, so I’m inclined to think we shouldn’t create boatloads more desperate, starving, terrified refugees by bombing the shit out of them. (That and FWVLIW, all the usual “not-needlessly-hurting-people-we-have-no-right-interfering-with” thang…)

But yer Torykippers don’t seem to have figured out the connection between the two activities, so even as they’re once again bombing the fuck out of some place most of them couldn’t find on a map, they’re busy chucking out people we invited to be here, and who have been a contributing, integrated part of our infrastructure for fucking decades!

I lack the imagination to see how we could get this any more fucking wrong . . .

8 Likes

I don’t pretend to understand the machinations of the Labour Party, but why don’t they just tell Ken Livingstone to fuck off and be done with it, a bit like they did with Galloway?

Is he that popular with a certain strand of the party?

1 Like

3 Likes

While not being in that circle, he was the bogeyman for Thatcherism so those in Labour who still define themselves by being against Thatcher presumably still see him as some sort of resistance icon.

s-l225

2 Likes

Tremendous reverse ferret given what she was saying in 2007. :+1:

To uncover where the vested interests lie is to explain otherwise inexplicable (and frequently controversial) actions by politicians - thus the attack on Syria is elucidated:

1 Like

Politician in corruption scandal. Hold the front page…

2 Likes

That’s the thing though - decades ago this would have been political death, now they lie, bluff, bluster and cling to power like dried shit to a blanket… :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Heads on motherfucking poles - now!

1 Like

no no no, you don’t understand.
As Mrs May said, her and Phil split the responsibilities , there are girls jobs and boys jobs.

1 Like