Arse Emitter; fancy integrated or blow it on horns?

:smile: yeah, that seems a bit pointless AC-DC-AC-DC.

Potential danger quotient?

Could you just park a leaf car in your front room and run it off that?

1 Like

On a score of 1 - 10, about 1000

1 Like

Sorry, thatā€™s four per channel, btw

http://audio-markt.de/_markt/uploaded/6947316308_g.jpg

Get one of these Esoteric A-100 Tube 45wpc Class A intergrated amp.

1 Like

Heavy metal squared. Thereā€™s your brand name, right there :+1:

Always wanted one of those.

No, besides if suffers from insufficient finnageā€¦

5 Likes

Not at all. Iā€™ve not set my heart on one and neither am I seeking validation. Iā€™ve got precisely what I hoped for, a range of opinions, and some general piss take.

I probably need to 1. Hear it again to see if itā€™s as good as I think I remember; 2. See how mahoosive it really is in person and whether my rather small listening room would be able to conceal 3 other stupid heavy boxes.

They certainly pass the ā€˜If itā€™s hifi then itā€™s not practicalā€™ test :grin:

There was a guy who brought one to one of the early Scalford shows - possibly the first. I think he used Manger speakers. I didnā€™t get to hear it because I was too busy, although i had wanted to.

But the amps were fucking huge. Bigger than the not small speakers.

Just get one, so you can nickname it the Arse Emitter.

4 Likes

Yes, please.

PM a price including s&h. :wink:

1 Like

Something like this more up your street?

http://hifiwigwam.com/forum/uploads/monthly_2017_02/58aff4ca8fb6f_XA60.5rear.jpg.9d957261bce597749909e438ddcd95bb.jpg

@crimsondonkey Did you alter the thread title or is the horn thing a rhetorical question from elsewhere?

Vague self awareness - the short lived interest in the Arse Emitter was really just a symptom of severe upgraditis and a plaintive cry for help.

So why not indulge me in some further flights of fancy that may or may not materialise. Im happy with my sources its the amp and possibly speakers that I have my eye on.

What Iā€™ve got at present -

Leben CS600 into Impulse Taā€™us horns (modded by RFC - fancy external crossovers). Also a relatively small listening room 12ā€™x10ā€™ - with a bit of room treatment and a DSPeaker it works.

Hereā€™s the things Iā€™m think of -

1. Replace the Leben with a flash integrated that ā€˜mightā€™ grip my speakers better and squeeze more out of them

2. Iā€™ve always fancied a pair of Avantgarde Duoā€™s - if they could be tuned to work in such a relatively small pace then I could use the Leben, a nice pair of 300B monoā€™s that VB serviced for me, or something else.

3. Fuck it, get over myself and just buy some more records

Net budget something like Ā£5-7k on top of selling things like the Leben and or Impulses plus, proceeds from Graaf 13.5B2 and a few Quad bits.

Yes I did - see post above.

1 Like

Same size room as mine give or take.

If Pete (cobbler) decides to sell the Avantgarde Finos they might be perfect - a brown envelope containing Ā£5k would help him make his mind up I believe.:laughing:

Sounded great at his bake-off with my Firstwatt. Might sell you that too if you ask really really nicely.:wink:

1 Like

Avantgarde Soloā€™s will work in that room with your Graaf, That is what I would go for, they donā€™t have the two speed sound of the Avantgardeā€™s with non-horn subs. This will give you the immediacy and tight bass.

1 Like

Do you run yours with a sub Bob?