Artemis Launch

Not sure if youre listening to the live commentary, but it sounds like a superficial crack in the insulation rather than something more structured.

Id love to be a fly in the wall in the control room listening to the conversations right now

1 Like

Yes, I think that was responding to social media comments. I think it’s the post-fuelling drain-down in the hydrogen system in motor #3 that’s the on-hold issue.

MrsKettle is unimpressed by the ability of the NASA commentators to fill time. They need waffle lessons from TMS or the Eurosport TdF lot (although I don’t think we want to hear about the local Florida cheese).

1 Like

Launch has been scrubbed for today. Damnit.

MrsKettle is unimpressed by the ability of the NASA commentators to fill time. They need waffle lessons from TMS or the Eurosport TdF lot (although I don’t think we want to hear about the local Florida cheese).

Mrs H said the same thing although initially she was blaming me for no audio “You’ve done something wrong. We get the sound with Bargain Hunt”.

Pah! I’ll have you know that I’m working on a PEDs* project for LU right now

*Platform Edge Doors

They’re going to try again on Saturday, launch scheduled for 18:17 uk time.

2 Likes

Thanks, tried and failed to find that info yesterday.

1 Like

Rain is forecast in the area, from what ive read they reckon 60% chance of avoiding showers.
The hydrogen bleed that failed to pre-cool the engine seems to have been a sensor malfunction. Was under reading by approx 20deg of the -250 target.

With 40 minutes still to run in the countdown (essentially uncharted territory) and the risk of rain. I wouldn’t bet on it taking off this time. Nevertheless I really hope it does.

'Kin love space rockets.

2 Likes

Update for the geeks amongst us. 6 hours old now.

2 Likes

Another leak of hydrogen at a coupling on the supply line, 2nd attempt to fix it has failed.

Even the ultra charismatic (read emotionless) Nasa commentator sounded somewhat deflated providing the update.

With just over 4 hours to go, it isn’t looking good.

1 Like

How many high pressure gas couplings have failed, 2? That’s not a good sign of quality control in construction.

Sounds like they’re going to scrub the launch, for today, again.

SLS has been a continous basket case.

It’s Boeing isn’t it ?

They’ve just scrubbed it

Getting annoyed at this now. It’s unmanned; just light the fucking thing and give us the glorious 4K HDR explosion we crave you cowards.

There must be some red faces, a leaking pipe connection bringing the entire show to a stop is nothing less than embarrassing.
I wonder what Elon and Space X make of it all.

Even if they did, fuck all would happen as they can’t get fuel in to the f’ing tank.

Absolute shit show. This thing is years late and billions over budget.