Audio Show Deluxe 25th & 26th March

Too busy scoffing free Danish and coffee
Any way this was a ‘High End’ show with red carpets for the ‘guests’ no such tomfoolery as pens

1 Like

Living voice slippers :flat_shoe:?

3 Likes

I’m afraid not!
This was sophistoicated!

I was particularly impressed by Micky in the Audio Note room, when realising that a record he was about to play was very dusty, he gave it a wipe with his T Shirt, I am sure the Io2 made short work of anything he missed!

1 Like

Any recommendations for tomorrow?

All gone in the LV room

1 Like

There were three or four rooms worth a visit and a lot of meh.
Although you will be in for a treat if you like Wison speakers.

Some wondrous cable lifters also on display

Seriously you will get round the lot in a few hours, it is not very big

Thanks mate trying to gee myself up for going

1 Like

Maybe ask for a demo with and without the lifters

Disappointed. Definitive excellent. Kevin, Lynn and Simon all looking well. Couple of okay rooms. Small show. Meet a couple of old friends in the business, but really wish I hadn’t bothered.

Where was it? The Bronx?

3 Likes

The lack of magnetic sales talismans is quite frankly weak.

Before erasing the notion of ever attending, I’ll hold out with dwindling hope for someone to post some show swag. Even a toilet mint would elevate the current reading.

Living voice pens and no one here got one.
Can do a swap with this,if you want to do it via pm,I’ll understand

2 Likes

The Danish pastries

Many attendees?

Agree.

Haters gonna hate Wilson’s but I was interested to hear some further up the ladder than the recent Sophias I had but the Sasha DAWs in the Audiofreaks room with the Karan amp and pre should have sounded way better. I can’t figure out what was going wrong in there. The Alexias in one of the other rooms were better as they should be I suppose. I didn’t really hear any speakers that I really liked other than the LVs.

It didn’t feel like it but its a big place. The car park was packed.

1 Like

If you are just going in yer own it might be better to just pop round Definitve Towers for a demo and some biscuits.

Audio note room was Audionoty. Some other stuff was alright. Strange bloke asking if they had heard the Devore room as they sounded much better, and kept going on about it.

Wifey was happy with the live music, wine and canapés.

They had run out of pastries by the time we got there. Bought a sausage roll and a wrap thingy.

Vinyl and cd’s were very spendy.

Some daft fucker was showing a turntable with two platters. Explained why to wifey. She was a bit wtf.

Photos?

Going tomorrow morning, mainly to hear the new LVs.

Whereabouts are the free pastries ?

Branko usually gets good sound, rare for his systems to fail but Karan/Daw didn’t work at all.

The Alexx V were also poor driven by ARC, really surprised at how poor. Just before I left they were in the process of swapping out the ARC for Constellation. I hung around and they were a much better combo. Work req on speaker position but there was potential there, more so than with the ARC or Karan on this evidence

1 Like