Bakewell - it’s all about the icing. And the jam

Thanks for all the kind pm’s telling me not to allow the gloaters to get me down.

4 Likes

You’d no doubt enjoy the failed thesp’s ’ jizz encrusted burnt offering

2 Likes

He would be all over it. He’d probably have the bakewell for afters too.

:wink:

1 Like

It has great texture for sure.

I allowed Ava to roll out the pastry and when I turned around she had rolled it in a rectangle! :roll_eyes: (my fault for not pointing out that the tin is round). This meant that I had to joint it a bit up the sides or roll it up and roll it out again. I opted for the former. Here and there it is a little inconsistent in thickness. The pastry is nice and crisp though.

1 Like

If you hadn’t topped it with baked beans and a pva glue topping i would have given a higher score

5 Likes

No. They are all shit.

Fuck you too :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

:kissing_heart:

Yeah!! You tell 'em Terry.

1 Like

Quick break while we all like Terry’s ranting. :grin:

1 Like

An Australian opining on baking after the recent Oz festive pie debacle. You have to admire the misguided lunacy of it.

4 Likes

:crazy_face:

1 Like

I’ll thanks you to leave the excrescence that was the ‘Christmas Shart’ out of polite conversation. The Domestic Antipodean was almost contrite for a brief interval of time which tells you how awful those those abominations were.

2 Likes

gloating

adjective

1. dwelling on one’s own success or another’s misfortune with smugness or malignant pleasure.
3 Likes

Quality link

5 Likes

You buffoon…:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

FFS I’m going to ban myself.

5 Likes

Well, it saves me the bother :roll_eyes:

Red card? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Honestly, I had such high hopes for today, and it ends with a total link fail and a heavy, bordering on inedible, tart.

Im a laughing stock. :slight_smile:

Wouldn’t it do for pipe lagging or damping vibration from a noisy boiler? Every cloud & all that

1 Like