BBQing Diary

2 Likes

‘Buy cheap, buy twice’ young man

Financial Fair Play rules come in to play in my house. Especially as I’ve just done a skip full of pounds on a new Panny 55" OLED and soundbar

Heresy on here I know, but I’m a fair weather BBQ’er and so in that scenario plenty of time to save up until the frost and rain abates…

1 Like

That Kamado would suit you very nicely, you could get a decent bag of mung beans in it no problem. :+1:

3 Likes

With a spinach and aubergine rub :+1:

3 Likes

The insulation with ceramic would be very cool but as others have said, I think you may want a bigger one if you want to cook anything bigger than a chicken. That is the same size as my Weber kettle and a spatchcocked bird only just goes on it.

I’ve just bought a Weber 57cm from the charity shop - £5.00. It hasn’t got a thermometer so 'll have to work that out if it’s needed.

6 Likes

Excellent purchase! 5 quid! I honestly think the thermometer in the lid is pants anyway. Get a digital probe one that you can leave in the food and measures at grill level.

I’d love a 57 Weber :+1:

3 Likes

:+1::wink:

We were very lucky. End of season, small charity shop (Cuan Wildlife Rescue) with no storage and Jan works there all day every Saturday and mid week every now and again. I drive for them to release or collect wildlife typically pigeons, hedgehogs and sometimes swans, badgers or owls. Price decided by manager before she showed interest to get rid quick so we don’t feel guilty.

1 Like

Amused to stumble across BBQ specific residences.
Having a door to shut seems like a good idea at this time of year.
Any second home owners in the thread? :slightly_smiling_face:

https://www.quick-garden.co.uk/bbq-huts.html

Talking of Yorkshire Puds, tonight’s starter.

1 Like

The (Yorkshire?) tradition of serving them first with gravy? They look proper btw. :+1:

Yes, 2 or 3 as starters with gravy, apple sauce and onions. The idea was to fill the stomachs up first as there was always a shortage of meat. Not only Yorkshire though, NE too.

1 Like

Yesterday we had various sausages and fish cooked in this smoker built by my old mate Travis.

Epic doesn’t do it justice

9 Likes

Is that driftwood underneath?

Red gum deadfall from fuel clearance days around various nature reserves and parks.

1 Like

I guess he’s allowed to use that (ref your mentioning bush fire regulations in the other thread) because it’s not an open bbq and it will contain any sparks within the firebox?

2 Likes

He lives in Collingwood, an inner city suburb of Melbourne. There is little or no vegetation (other than some of the locals). Also, that photo was taken on Friday when there was no fire ban.

1 Like