BBQing Diary

Yep. The blowies are pretty bad this year. Factor 50 sunblock and a hat are also vital due to pastiest white skin ever…

1 Like

White ? WHITE ???
I haz the disappoint :unamused:

Indeed. I haz only the yellow around my eyes now. It appears the chemofuckery is working.

16 Likes

Coldest day of the year (here) so on with the BBQ…

New gauntlets…

On with the lamb shoulder. Our version of Mogul Lamb. Madhur Jaffery inspired spiced yoghurt marinade…

6 Likes

You’ll block the gas outlets with black soot

3 Likes

I shall be at the vanguard when all your pathetic wood burning stuff gets banned :grinning:

Lumps of beech have gone in.

1 Like

Hour of smoke. Hour of resting…

Result posted in t’other thread.

1 Like

Spatchcocked chicken…

Slightly too hot initially but cooled and cooked perfectly. Smoked with applewood.

8 Likes
1 Like

Spatchcocking again. Middle Eastern spice rub used…

I’ve calibrated the temperature gauge (it shows 10degs above actual - a probe style gauge is also used).

Decided to smoke heavily early. Applewood chips used.

5 Likes

We lived in Houston for a year back in the 80’s. Their barbequeing was epic. This place was walking distance from our apartment and we ate there pretty often. It was very definitely not a tourist spot then, but it looks like it’s hardly changed at all

They had that buffalo back then and we had this picture made into our Xmas card that year

I can smell the mesquite even now …

VB

8 Likes

Yeah baby!!

4 Likes

I will save that place for my next visit to Texas. Looks fantastic.

I have a bit of rolled rump on the go. Not used the smoker for a while, so looking forward to it!

4 Likes

Pleased to see this back in action

1 Like

Thanks Pete, bloody wind has blown the cover away, so I’ve just sent Kerri out to look for it. I’m too busy cooking of course! She had a face like thunder- there maybe trouble ahead…

:grinning:

1 Like

Browning, nearly done.

5 Likes

Just shown Jan this - she’s keen for me to go for it. I’ve never tried anything like this so would need guidance (to say te least).

Any books out there that you would recommend?

Doing mince pies again?

9 Likes