BBQing Diary

I’d imagine 700-800f is a bit high really, with the gas thing you can alter the temperature though.

I’ll research when I have a mo

Gas pizza ovens. :roll_eyes:

Next it’ll be gas bbqs - it’s a slippery slope. This is how the world ends.

2 Likes

Not with a bang but a Wimpy ?

VB

1 Like

You are sooo last century. This is where the future lies :+1:

You are Attila and I claim my £5 :grin:

There’s a U OK Hun joke in there. Somewhere :wink:

1 Like
2 Likes

Looks great. Free delivery?

Spatchcocked chicken from a local herd…

Smoked with seasoned cuttings from our apple tree.

9 Likes

flock

3 Likes

Flock off :smirk:

I’ve been concentrating on chicken recently and not bothered to post. Today however, I bought a cheap (13quid) bit of boneless rolled rib from Sainsbury’s. Rubbed it in smoked paprika, cumin, fennel, sugar, garlic powder, mustard powder, salt and pepper . I cooked it at 100° -ish until it was 63° internal, then browned it off over the hot coals. Smoke from 4 small chunks of oak, probably took about 3 hrs all told. I have to say it was absolutely mega, it really did melt in the mouth and the rub and browned exterior were delicious.

13 Likes

Hedgehog?

8 Likes

I think I saw that Lidl are getting outdoor pizza ovens in. In the photo it looked to be a clone of Ed’s (I’m unsure if they’re anywhere near as good).

Aldi are, and they’re not the same as Ed’s.

They’re the kind you plonk on top of a bbq. I got one last year and it’s ok, but I reckon that if you’ve got a kettle bbq, put a pizza stone on it, get it really hot then close the lid, you’ll get pretty much the same results.

If there is a clone of Ed’s coming to Lidl, then I’d be really keen.

1 Like

@edd9000 - how have you installed / placed your Uuni ? I’m looking at getting one but that much heat on an unsecured table scares the crap out of m (small kids chez Craig)

Another question while I possibly have your attention - do you leave it covered up outside while not in use, or move it somewhere more secure ?

I’d be surprised if you could get a kettle bbq that hot. They don’t have the required insulation & would be radiating heat everywhere.

Air temp would probably max out around 320-350C, I reckon.

Pizza oven clay, where does one aquire it?