BBQing Diary

Bigger off, it’s another 2 weeks yet :disappointed:

Indirect,160 - 170deg for 90 minutes, applewood chips. Fat side down to start. Turned twice.

In an oven the yoghurt gets crisp and still tastes sharp.
In the Weber, the yoghurt is beaten into submission by the smoke. However, the yoghurt does help keep the lamb moist and tender.

6 Likes

BTW, the bit off the end was “direct” as it hung out over the charcoal. It was eaten before the rest was ready :grinning:

1 Like

Acrylamide…yum :smiley:

1 Like

Surely that only applies to starch based foods, Bruv ?

I thought it was any heavy caramelisation, but I’ll bow to your superior knowledge :+1:

1 Like

Or maybe Maillard reaction?

Thought he was having lamb :wink:

2 Likes

The Trailer Trash:
Basically, left over Mac ‘n’ cheese cut into cakes, dipped in beaten egg, a barbecue rub and panko breadcrumbs. This is then fried and topped with pulled pork and stuck in a bun with Barbie mayo and dill pickles. Holy fuck. :heart_eyes: potato wedges in the background…

10 Likes

Careful, the Pun Stasi are watching :eyes:

2 Likes

Cockpunch… and another for spoiling my Saturday evening.

I used to look up to you.

Yeah, right! :roll_eyes:

A great use of leftovers. Wish I had some!

The pic doesn’t do justice to how it tasted honestly. I cant take credit for the idea, I got it from the Pitt Cue Co. cookbook.

1 Like

Where do you put the gas? :thinking:

2 Likes

:angry:

2 Likes

Another spatchcock chicken today. Homegrown Submarine chilli, butter (salted), garlic and smoked paprika under the skin. Smoked with applewood…

Succulent and moist. Crispy skin. Hint of chilli warmth but not too hot.

5 Likes

Looks a wee bit well done bruv? :thinking:

1 Like

That’s the marinade (and poor photography skillz). Skin took the brunt of the heat which is a good thing. The marinade was a dark red colour which darkened with cooking. It was over the top of the skin as well as under.
My bird was moister than a moist thing :drooling_face:

1 Like