Beautiful Things

Staircase from the home of woodworker Walter Esherick - Paoli, Pennsylvania.

5 Likes

That may be described as many things… but beauty ain’t one of them.

Creepy as fuck.

2 Likes

I think it’s fantastic. :grin:

3 Likes

He also lived in the woods, imagine that in the dead of night with the shadows on the wall.

1 Like

I like that Walter put some peril into his creation with lumber puncturing angles and rebellion with zero hand rail. A life afirming organic sprain machine that doubles as a staircase, what is not to like here?

1 Like

ftfy

1 Like

17 Likes

It’s the wrong colour (should be black or silver) but other than that, it’s perfect

I’ve seen one in the silver with red upholstery - amazing looking beastie.

1 Like

Amazing how she’s still in such good shape. Beautiful boat…

4 Likes

The stateroom is connected to all areas of the yacht via Bedside and Deck telephones on PBX. As well as communication systems, you have a work desk with wireless and wired internet and a display monitor linked to the chart plotter. Real time weather information is provided by B&G instruments. For quiet time and entertainment, you have a 27’’ iMac which is linked to the network entertainment system and controlled through an iPad and a state of the art Linn stereo system. :thinking:

A digital only active system over wifi would probably work well in a sailing yacht like that.

Vox Olympians for your super yacht :grinning:

8 Likes

Saw one of them flying on sat in the battle of britain memorial flight

Would have loved to be at Duxford yesterday to see them all go off to France. Timing was out for me, with picking the bairns up from school. I buy a season ticket there every year, could have been sat having a coffee watching it all going on…

4 Likes

Yes that would have been fab , I was so priveliged to see the planes and the red arrows over torbay on Saturday, sadly Sunday it was rained off

privileged

Torbay

Carry on.

4 Likes

Would love to have gone . Did anyone go ?

1 Like

No, but the Lanc flew low over my house afterwards, heading West, not sure why or where, maybe going to RAF Woodvale for some reason?

1 Like