Best chocolate

IMG_20190612_094845400

Only ever from the fridge.

This isn’t going to make @Jim or @MGOwner happy. :+1:

2 Likes

Lindt 85% Cocoa occasionally and in small quantities for diabetes reasons (from the fridge).

If that is durian chocolate then Beryl can fuck all the way off

I’m sure the thread consolidation bunnies will be along shortly, whether the threads need consolidating or not.

4 Likes

Never tried durian. The food vlogger Mark Wiens loves the stuff.

Not sure whether it would go well with chocolate as it’s supposed to smell “off” :thinking:

i dont mind the smell or taste. I do find the texture a bit odd…

Really selling it to me, lads.

Detestable.

Couple of squares of this is good with an espresso.

2 Likes

While Wallace cautions that “the smell of the ripe fruit is certainly at first disagreeable”, later descriptions by Westerners are more graphic in detail. Novelist Anthony Burgess writes that eating durian is “like eating sweet raspberry blancmange in the lavatory”.[40] Travel and food writer Richard Sterling says:
its odor is best described as pig-shit, turpentine and onions, garnished with a gym sock. It can be smelled from yards away. Despite its great local popularity, the raw fruit is forbidden from some establishments such as hotels, subways and airports, including public transportation in Southeast Asia.[41]
Other comparisons have been made with the civet, sewage, stale vomit, skunk spray and used surgical swabs

We had Durian here on Sunday. One of my closest friends is married to a Thai lady who brought it. We opened it in the back garden and you could still smell it in the house 10 minutes later.

Durian and chocolate is all sorts of rongTM though.

I’m not sure I get durian :unamused:

I probably wouldn’t notice the smell :upside_down_face:

1 Like

durian kitkat

Rhymes with fuck that

2 Likes

Durian fruits. Hateful stuff.

If it smells like shit and tastes like shit, it probably is shit (in a fancy skin)

1 Like

Tried it once. 8 hours later I was still belching mouldy sock stench.

Durian is lovely but has to be ultra fresh. Yes, the texture is “unusual” but it tastes divine.

N.B. The horrific smell doesn’t really change much according to freshness.