Best quotes

Acronyms are rife in my place. I once told a senior manager that he deserved a place in the “Performance Related Acronym Team”.

He thanked me.

I’m still not sure if he later worked it out or not :thinking:

3 Likes

Whenever I can, I sign emails off with See you next tuesday

5 Likes

To which my response is usually “Tuesday, Wednesday And Thursday”.

3 Likes

'It’s a sad day for capitalism when a man can’t fly a midget on a kite over Central Park." (Jim Moran)

1 Like

“Some mornings, it’s just not worth chewing through the leather straps”. – (Emo Phillips)

7 Likes

£2995.00 + VAT mate.

New Technics turntable?

1 Like

I wish, belt drive for me at the moment!

The World awaits the return of our DJ superhero…

1 Like

Haha! One day, one day…

I met a man at a party. He said “I’m writing a novel” I said "Oh really? Neither am I.”

Peter Cook

5 Likes

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men” - General De Gaulle

I like to use that at work as often as possible.

4 Likes

Old female American tourist while on a group tour of Edinburgh Castle “Why did Mary build it so far from the shops?”

“Damn braces… bless relaxes” (W. Blake)

“That sounds like music from Lawrence of Olivier”, Narelle after red wine 18/11/2017.

2 Likes

Reportedly heard from another American leaving the royal Shakespeare theatre Stratford.

“Wasn’t it written by a local man? It was OK but used too many cliches in my opinion”

Although another tourist complimented them on building it close to the train station.

I heard it 30 years ago as the american tourist who thought that Windsor Castle was a very impressive but built far too close to the airport.

1 Like

“Aled Jones touched my carrot”…A. Snowman

4 Likes

When you have lost your Inns drown your empty selves, for you will have lost the last of England.

Hillaire Belloc

4 Likes