Best TV speaker approach

All of the soundbar speakers I’ve heard have been truly awful. I shall see if they’ve improved any when I go round the Bristol show.

Our only option was a sound bar due to room shape and size. It’s ok. No surround sound just 2.1 but it sounds better than nothing code a few hundred and doesn’t take over the room.

I’d rather use a t amp and some baby jpws or similar

For normal TV a soundbar is fine, if you want the real cinema experience for movies then there is no substitute for a 5.1 or bigger set-up, with all the associated cables etc.

I’ve just hit the button on a used pair of Q Acoustics BT3 actives off eBay. 2 line inputs 1 toslink, sub out and Bluetooth so all options covered for me. I’ll see how I get on with them.

1 Like

yep it’s all about getting noise off the idiots lantern, whatever solution works for you.
The soundbar was a good deal for us due to an offer and lack of space but if you can find some active speakers or have a small amp and speakers lying about then great.
If you want the full immersion cinema surround experience then you need all the toys though, that’s a given.

Having a first listen to the little Q Acoustics BT3 actives. Sounding pretty good.

5 Likes

What room do you have that in?

Main system room

I can’t work the layout out?
Need a wide angle shot to show the full layout.:grinning:

If you’re looking for a nice pair of high tech active loudspeakers the Kii 3 are worth a look, RRP is a bit heavy at £10.5k but the UK dealers are currently squabbling and involved in price wars, so a pair can be had for 20p.

1 Like

chuck in another 20p and you could probably get a Hegel pre as well.

If it improves the sound quality of Eastenders and Countdown compared to the TV’s inbuilt speakers then I guess that’s a price worth paying to fulfill the OP.:rofl::rofl:

While they look fairly cool, you get a whole more high tech DSP if you just use Acourate on a digital active system. The Kii don’t seem to have much cool DSP going on.

I have my TV connected to my system via optical/DAC/phonos into amp. Everything is fine except Amazon Prime Video where the sound is out of sync, it’s in synch through the TV speakers though. WTF? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

You could start a new thread, we’ll protect you from the consolidation police.

1 Like

Seems to be a known issue with the Amazon Prime app on some Samsung and Panasonic TVs. My Panasonic works OK.

Have you tried connecting a laptop via HDMI and playing the video through the laptop rather than the TV app?

No, buy then I don’t have a laptop.