Best way to sell record collection

:rofl:

9 Likes

Anyone got any Wham at the back of the shelves, you know where to send it now😁

2 Likes

I knew that would set the cat amongst the pigeons.

To answer the post seriously it’s much more lucrative to post on eBay under a reduced fees weekend, or sell on forums in batches.
But it means more effort than a dealer. Photos. Discogs versions research. Grading.

List twenty or so at a time here?

Posting on here is a bit of a waste of time I would have thought.
Unless you have some niche records most people will already have the more popular stuff.

1 Like

You never know.
I’ve got loads on cd from that era but not much on vinyl.
There is a wild variety of music from that period: charity shop leftovers to classic pop.
EBay records seem to get decent prices all the time, but you only need a few to get arsey and it’s a returns nightmare if they aren’t up to scratch (excuse the pun).

1 Like

Like @SAP7 I’d be interested. Having bought a fair bit of 80’s stuff on eBay, prices seem strong and have risen in the last year or two. If you have the patience that’s where I’d list.

At the moment I’m more inclined to sell as a single lot rather than go the Ebay route. For someone as lazy as myself sorting out descriptions, photos, packaging & postage is too much hassle. The records haven’t been played in years so some may also require a clean.
If there is interest I can to make a list to give an idea what’s in there over the weekend.

2 Likes

A list might encourage someone to take the lot off you for a reasonable price and do the harder work of passing on the ones they don’t want.

2 Likes