Binned Tidal so where next

Ok today had an alcohol induced hissy fit because Tidal of late and and my Cambridge 851n are not getting on. I spat my dum and cancelled my subscription without a plan B so my question guys what’s the latest and greatest streaming service been with Tidal pretty much from day one so no experience of any others.

Spotify for catalogue, Qobuz for SQ.

4 Likes

The 851n has an issue that I reported months ago, where when you paused it hung the whole streamer. The CA guys said they were aware of it and would issue a fix.
They didn’t, I got bored with waiting, also got pissed off with MQA on Tidal so moved to Qobuz.
It doesn’t have a ‘connect’ facility like Spotify or Tidal but works fine through the Stream Magic app.

1 Like

I wonder how come the 851n has a problem, but the older CXN v1 doesn’t ?

1 Like

I can’t remember all the details but it happened either after an update from Tidal (more likely) or one from CA.
If I knew why I would have Ed’s job :grinning:

FWIW Spotify are supposed to be getting “hi res” or at least CD quality later in the year :man_shrugging:

They have been saying that for ages,
If and when it happens I would go back to Spotify in a flash.

I could also be a Spotify tech person.
I have a project at work that has been on my to do list for 6 years, it is happening ‘later this year’ :grinning:
(Well that is what I said on my PDR)

2 Likes

Play records or CDs problem solved.
And you can claim to be retro while doing it

3 Likes

I use Qobuz. Honestly given the state of my audio equipment I have no idea why. Because of reasons I guess.

There’s no Rammstein, and no Black Belt Eagle Scout, which gives me the sad.

Spotify ftw

Rammstein matters !

1 Like

Yep! Bloody bastards did an exclusive to Spotify though :sob:

It’s one of the reasons I use Tidal and Spotify

I actually saw an advert for Deezer a couple of weeks ago.

Deezer was the first streaming service I ever subbed to because they were the first to integrate into LMS.

Lol haven’t owned a CD player for many years
Streaming mostly, vinyl when I find time to have a proper listening session.

1 Like

Never heard of it.

Not an it, a them
They play very loud with flamethrowers

Probably not something to consider then

1 Like

Because all their lyrics are in German, I also don’t have to worry about what language the kids might pick up if I play it around them.