Binned Tidal so where next

Especially if you’re a spam coming back from the ME in a herc.

Qobuz, it’s nice and easy and has pretty much all the music I want.

Spotify and Qobuz here - good combo. I also got fed up with Tidal.

Ok guys thanks for your thoughts, well the general consensus points to Qobuz so I’ll give it a 3 month trial.

I don’t fucking believe it ! :rage:

Until tonight I hadn’t had an issue with Tidal on my CA CXN at all.

Now, it hangs / stops regularly when I pause / change Album

You Jonah cunt, you !

Just cancelled my Tidal subscription.

4 Likes

Midnight ragequit FTW.

Currently trialling Tidal and Qobuz on my new ND5XS2 streamer. Qobuz definitely seems to have the edge in terms of sq. Both sound impressive though.

Having all of this cd quality music at my fingertips is a real euereka moment for me, the luddite I am,. Why did I wait so long?

9 Likes

Wondered if Amazon would have killed some off…

I bought the Cambridge 851n as a cheap and cheerful step into the streaming thing its really been a huge eye opener.

3 Likes

Have Qobuz, Tidal and Spotify (for the family) atm.
Can only compare Tidal and Qobuz, as I stream with Roon.
I get the feeling Qobuz is a tad more natural and/or spacious, but that might be subjective.
Anyway, another vote for Qobuz for SQ, Spotify for the catalog.

Although I don’t currently subscribe to any music streaming service, my favourite out of them all was Deezer.

I currently can’t think of a more appropriate thread, and yet a pointer to the article probably doesn’t merit its own thread.

Fear not, there will be an app, or future equivalent, to migrate to whatever comes.

He seems to be bemaoning the trend of people not listening to albums as much as anything. The answer, of course, is…listen to albums.

I’ve been through two “migrations” of streaming service now. Deezer → Tidal → Qobuz.

Neither was particularly painful using Soundiiz to migrate. I lost a few of the titles I had in Tidal (they’re in a spreadsheet) and he’s right the biggest issue is rights holders having fall outs with the streaming platforms and removing content.

Or streaming platform adopting wanky compression protocols and removing the Redbook format (hi Tidal).