Boilers

The Apple iBoiler

3 Likes

It’s across everything isn’t it, but white goods are especially bad. I’ve a good article on this somewhere.

This is what we did before we moved up here. The 7 yr guarantee is comforting.

Cost us £1500 (I did get some cheaper quotes, but the guy who did it was highly recommended)

House is a tiny open plan 2 bedder with 5 radiators in it I think, the half working one heats the house in about 15 minutes.

Do you like how I answered that with no usable detail?

Thanks chaps. Have found an engineer who is local, seems to prefer to sell Intergas boilers which I have heard are good, but only from 1 person who hates all foreign people, whilst being married to a Chinese lady, so I don’t always follow his words of wisdom. I’ve emailed him for a quote to look at the existing boiler and quote me for a repair, etc.

Shall continue to look, any advice is appreciated, as ever.

I have 6 rads in my flat and have an Ideal combi boiler which is not the cheapest but not the most expensive either. Also comes with 7 year warranty.

F.32 again on our poxy Vaillant so nothing new there. Convector heaters down from the loft & cunt with a spanner coming in (if we’re lucky) on Monday. Be better off with a fucking Aga.

We have a Worcester,sort of Astra mk3 estate of the boiler world.

1 Like

we still have a baxi back boiler - crude, but very reliable - it heats our 5 dads reliably, and gives us more than enough hot water. The gas fire front is a bit ugly, but it heats the kitchen nicely.

large family then

2 Likes

whoops “rads” spell checka

Always suspected there was something dodgy about your ancestry

:wink:

edit: beaten to it

2 Likes

Hopefully @A_Touch_of_Cloth will be here soon.
Think he had golf then a Variety club lunch do earlier.

4 Likes

Nah, he’s sulking over the shortbread wars

4 Likes

Ours is an ancient Glow Worm, roughly the same dimensions as Sizewell B.

Pretty much indestructible, but parts no longer available, yada yada yada.

Similar prob here. Just had (Friday just gone) our boiler condemned by BG because of a 1 mm gap in the casing. Still works, with no issues but they won’t support / service it now … WTF ?

Anyway, needs to run 18 rads in a detached house. Think it could be expensive.

Any reco’s / idea on price / best options before I start the entire tradesman feckin’ shenanigans ?

so having had a fair bit to do with boilers , i have quite a few discussions with engineers about them . most recently my engineer of many years experince was telling me how he did not like vokera at all

as it says on this site

They are manufactured in Italy and because they are built to a cost, they are generally made from cheaper components with shorter guarantees.

my choice would always be vailliant or worcester bosch . they both have long warrentys and are well known . its worth paying the xtra for quality

Just do this. Get a couple of good local guys to come and quote. Dunno much about Intergas, expensive for what your needs are perhaps.

Beware any cunt who just fits a single manufacturer though.

Do not listen to bell-ends on HiFi forums. Including me.

1 Like

Thank.

If you are struggling to find someone good, go into a local plumbers merchants and ask the counter lads for a couple of names.

They’ll know the decent guys.

2 Likes

Good idea, I should be able to get some info from the maintenance lads at work tomorrow, too.