Boilers

These are supposed to be very good.

Of course it is, it has graphs so can be measured.

2 Likes

It produces hot water of excellent quality, it’s like being bathed in Schumann waves.

4 Likes

Baxi is a good make. We have one which has been fine

Phew, that’s good to know!

I was worried for Mark, but now I’m happy.

Btw, what’s with all of the capitals? Somebody hacked your account?

6 Likes

The Gen3 will have a Schumann drop down menu. Can a Schumann wave be modulated? Would you dare?

1 Like

The stuff of dreams.

Dr Frankenstein would have approved :+1:

1 Like

It does break down all the time though, it pissed water into the airing cupboard last year, some black plastic component had cracked. Had I not been at home it would have brought the ceiling down.
Must have a rogue one. (Like mazda, cars I’ll never buy another)
Based on this thread its replacement will be a Baxi

1 Like

In principle any EM wave can be modulated. But this is traditionally done at a much lower frequency than the ‘carrier’ and Schumann wave frequencies are pretty low to begin with. So modulating them would have to be done at very, very low frequencies indeed. Further reading is probably needed. It seems that one of the seminal authors in the field is Wait. Those of you with deep pockets might invest in this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electromagnetic-Waves-in-Stratified-Media-Wait-James-R/292531008030

If your interests tend towards the more exotic then his oevre also includes this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ELECTROMAGNETIC-PROBING-IN-GEOPHYSICS-James-R-Wait/273185885262

Amusingly the seller’s address is rue Ampère and the publisher seems to be The Golem Press. Perhaps @Ruprecht would consider purchasing it for Stronzetto’s birthday ? Also interesting to see that even in 1971 there were people who had lost the use of capital letters (the seller’s made up for it in the listing title though).

VB

Jade Empire, anyone?

when we bought the house (5 years old) it came with a glow worm boiler, thank god we took out corgi insurance as the thing was shite - we definitely got our moneys worth out of the insurance.
Replaced it with an Ideal Logic+ (Heat / System) boiler about 6 months ago. Works just fine so far, comes with a 7 year warranty but we’ve kept the insurance just in case.

Been quoted 2800 for a Worcester Bosch combi, flue extensions and a condensate pump required because it’s such a tall roof but otherwise it’s a fairly standard job (if you fit boilers).

Should I pull the trigger and ignore the people at work who claim they had theirs done for £1300.

1 Like

Yes that’s a superb price , I have paid more than that for same thing . Wb one of best boilers and warranty is superb

The warranty is average.

Baxi, 7 year warranty.

10 on the Platinum.

2 Likes

I was favouring intergas (can’t really explain why, mind) which would have a 7 year warranty, the Worcester will come with a 6 year.

My Baxi cost £1250 fitted :grinning: but that was a straight swap over, no additional work required.

i got 2 years warrenty on a vaillant , 5 years on a wb and the latest wb i think is at least 7

warranty

3 Likes