Brexit - Creating a Cuntocracy - Now with 4d chess option

Is it ‘An intention or decision about what one is going to do’ ? If it is then the OED says it’s a plan. I guess these days we’re all free to choose our own definitions if the dictionary ones don’t suit us.

VB

Labour should just agree to support May’s current deal, backstop and all, and let us get on with it.

If that happened the DUP would then presumably withdraw their support of the May government and Labour could get the General Election they are so desperate for.

Sort your phone out!

1 Like

In which case: Brexit - Creating a Cuntocracy

They were never the same when they left Kraftwerk just before the monumental success of Autobahn

7 Likes

You may call it what you want, but the EU’s called it bullshit

Fancy that

https://twitter.com/JenniferMerode/status/1093471548688818176

Ha, I thought for a minute you’d found a twitter thread by an actual EU official not a Graun correspondent. :grinning:

There’s an array of opinion about those proposals. Hers are part of that array but more valid than any others? Not especially.

1 Like

What are we actually exiting under the Labour plan? We leave the EU, but stay in the SM and CU, so all the four freedoms will have to be maintained. They want a seat at the table with influence. It basically sounds like what we have already. What would actually change?

I’m assuming that we would end up losing our rebate, veto and any larger agencies.

No,just another opinion.

No they didn’t

I thought JC’s plan was clear enough.

1. Insist on a deal that cannot be achieved with six incompatible tests.

2. Force a general election.

He has been very clear on this all the way through.

He has only just woken up to the fact that part 1 of the plan has made him so unpopular that part 2 is doomed.

4 Likes

What’s May’s real plan? That’s the question that matters.

At 10:55pm on Friday 29 March 2019 whilst some are clicking their heels together inwardly murmuring there’s no place like home and others are spraying Stella in each others faces and whooping like porky American children. There will be one man alone who can say ‘I did my best’ his name is Stronzetto and in forsaking him you have shat in your own beds. Sleep tight.

4 Likes

She’s normally very well sourced, and when a decent journalist anonomously sources EU officials it’s worth paying attention rather than dismissing it as “opinion”

So yeah, the opinion of some EU officials whose standing she’s convinced of is relevant to running a story.

I’ll take that instead of of Team Jez spin, ta

2 Likes

Pretty much: it’s what the EEA fans fail to point out…yeah, it respects the referendum result, but what’s the actual fucking point, lads. Grow a pair and tell the truth.

(I’d take EEA in a heartbeat over the other brexit options, but I find it all a bit disingenuous)

1 Like

Labour’s recent form of words is “close alignment with the single market”. That must be different from staying in the SM or they’d have said “staying in the SM”.

Others have said that the Labour scheme sounds a lot like Norway-plus. When Boles was asked what was the advantage of Norway-plus over just staying in the EU he said (among other things IIRC) that we’d get to work within the economic rules (about a third of all the rules) but we could ditch the political ones (the other two thirds) i.e. it’d be much more like the old EEC.

VB

So, so far a summary is…

Likely no deal and no second vote.

Is it comedy night? “Or they’d have said”?

They’ve been dancing on a pinhead the last two years and have told a stinking pack of lies along the way.

“Or they’d have said” christ. Come on VB

I’m not sure what you’re point is. Adam thought their policy was to “stay in the SM”. Which I think it was. I simply pointed out that their latest wording is different. Which it is. Whatever you might think of the Labour Party, they’re obsessive about wording. If they’ve changed it then that’ll be for some reason or other. If you want to scream your hate for them then go ahead, that’s fine. But there’s no need to shoot at me for noting a change. I never said I approved of it.

VB

2 Likes

I just enjoyed a wee segment on C4 news where Brexit voting British ex-pats in Spain are facing up to the problem of having to pay for their own healthcare in the event of no deal.

One chap admitted he would vote differently in a second referendum and another that they may have shot themselves in the foot. I was disappointed that the interviewer didn’t ask how it felt being a turkey that had voted for Xmas.

8 Likes