Brexit - Creating a Cuntocracy - Now with 4d chess option

That is excellent. I presume the panel where Linus asks for Santa to deliver a mahoosive boot to the trouser-zip of JRM, BoJo, Corbyn, the DUP and especially Gove fell off due to the weight of expectation.

2 Likes

I guess so :unamused:

Better late than never or about fucking time.

Let’s be honest about what’s really driving Brexit: bigotry

3 Likes

There’s a cottage in Mum’s village owned by a dodgy character who also owns and rents property in Spain to expats.

The cottage had water running down the walls 30 yrs ago when friends billeted a tradesman in it, and moved him to the local pub after a single night. Since then almost no-one has lived there, barring some Vietnamese people who ran a cannabis farm direct from the mains for a few months. It’s fit only to be condemned.

An elderly couple without family, tenants of Mr Dodgy in Spain and both in their 80’s, felt compelled to return because of failing health (he’s a double amputee) and residence status uncertainty. No dwelling could possibly be more unsuitable for a wheelchair. I’m surprised he gets through the front porch, so must live in just the one front room.

After six months in this outer circle of hell, they’ve been offered disabled friendly social housing from another part of rural Northumberland.

Barring my natural sympathy for those with health problems, I’m tempted to comment; if the country is so full up already returning expats should be amongst those to be turned away at the borders.
Especially those who can vote.

I think the jibe was referring to the potential of a Gammon flavored No Deal Brexit.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Armchair politics

2 Likes

In our house, we sing “I’m eating human casserole”.

Might be quite apt soon.

1 Like

That’s a bloody rugby song, barbour required :slight_smile:

The rugby and cricket boys have adopted it instead of the dirge that is the ‘national anthem’.

4 Likes

My local MP giving it full volume this afternoon. £500 per hour.

Out of interest, according to his account, why would we ever want to leave the backstop?

Access to the SM & customs union, no contributions, retaining control of our fishing grounds, freedom to do trade deals elsewhere.

What have I forgotten?

I love how the DUP are joining in on the contempt of parliament proceedings against the attorney general. I guess we have a minority government now!

He’s a proper Brian Blessed stand-in.

1 Like

We had a meeting with him about a proposed local housing development. It happened in the normal sized living room of a friend. He talks at the same volume regardless of location. You’re pretty much pinned to the rear wall.

Despite his confidence & assertive nature he can be put on the back foot if your argument is sound. But no-one really managed to shake him in the HoC today.

I was just surprised by his portrayal of the backstop. It almost sounded as if the EU had mistakenly allowed us an option to be getting more cake than expected and with no unilateral, legal exit route for them.

This guy?

the very same

Well I think old Geoffrey should have been wheeled out a bit sooner. Some interesting detail indeed.

1 Like