Brexit - Creating a Cuntocracy - Now with 4d chess option

No, there are lots of remainers whose opinions I value.

2 Likes

The vote wasn’t remain or remain though.

Still not 4D chess apparently.

Here’s What US Lobbyists Want Donald Trump To Get From A Post-Brexit Trade Deal

Some interesting areas around the various non-tariff barriers that will be discussed in a trade deal with the USA.

If we remove all tariffs, à la Fox, then in order to get a trade deal with the USA we would have to concede on most of these, as we have nowhere to go on tariffs.

1 Like

They’ve got no plan
They’ve got no plan
They’ve got no plan
They’ve got no plan
They’ve got no plan

Plan produced, gets some positive response.

Toys out of the pram.

3 Likes

I don’t think you understand what a plan is.

Making it up as you go along is not a plan.

1 Like

Does Labours plan include the ending of free movement?

If not how is that delivering on the result of the referendum?

Yes … ish. Here’s what Keir Starmer thought on Monday (NB a week is a long time in politics)

VB

1 Like

What KS suggested is pretty much the same as the way in which most other EU countries implement current FOM rules, with the exception of his (and good luck with this bit) advertising jobs locally for 5 days criteria

This is something I keep saying to my Project Managers :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

Yep, that’s an approach, but definitely not a plan!

1 Like

Has a beard.
Has a fascination with vegetables.
Has a plan.

Corbyn or Baldrick?

1 Like

They’ve had the six tests since at least March 2017. As I understand it the latest letter just repeats five of these (the one about ‘exact same benefits’ - was that a quote from an earlier David Davis promise ? - has disappeared). Whether you think they were a plan or not depends, I guess, on how much detail you feel a plan needs to have.

People also disagree on how much you’re allowed to alter your plan as you go along, particularly if circumstances change and/or new things come to light. At one extreme if you alter it your critics will say ‘you’re making it up as you go along’. At the other if you don’t alter it you’ll hit the iceberg and you and your principles will join the Titanic on the sea bed.

It’s been a while since I was on a project management course but IIRC we did cover the processes needed to change the project plan if/when that was needed.

VB

1 Like

U wot mate?

A plan is typically any diagram or list of steps with details of timing and resources, used to achieve an objective to do something. See also strategy. It is commonly understood as a temporal set of intended actions through which one expects to achieve a goal.

To summarise: A wish list is not a plan.

They weren’t a plan. In fact they were impossible to meet and designed expressly to avoid having a plan.

Neither is piggybacking on to a cross-party backbench initiative at the last minute ‘a plan’.

1 Like

The six tests, as I understood it, were all based on unrealistic claims made by government spokespeople about what could be achieved. The idea was to hold them to those claims knowing perfectly well that the government wouldn’t be able to come up with any plan that actually satisfied those claims and that any criticism of the 6 tests by the government was basically always going to be an admission that they were unachievable. But that wasn’t a secret. They always made clear where the 6 tests had come from.

Baldrick, Corbyn doesn’t have a plan

1 Like