Brexit - Creating a Cuntocracy - Now with 4d chess option

Bored going home on the train so I was just thinking how fucking funny it would be if Brexit was so bad that in three years we had to rejoin and have the Euro and the whole shooting match. Think I would die laughing.

4 Likes

I would welcome our European overlordsā€¦actually I would welcome the dissolution of parliament and the country being run from Brussels immediately.

7 Likes

Oldie but a goodie;

1 Like

I totally understand why Corbyn has sat back and let the Tories implode, but now is the time to get off the fence

Lol, heā€™s not even ahead in the polls.

1 Like

Danny Dyer has changed his mind on Brexit.

Polls donā€™t mean anything as has been proved in the last few elections.
I take no notice of them whatsoever and ignore any arguments based on them.

Polling statistics is an inexact discipline but to make this statement is ludicrous Kev.

Do you think Corbyn is doing ā€œwellā€?

Iā€™d be very interested if someone with Nate Silverā€™s skillset could apply it to UK polling. I suspect there simply isnā€™t enough data generated for him to do what he manages with US elections.

I think that Corbyn is the senior politician who is most in alignment with my personal politics, and I think heā€™s probably a perfectly nice guy in real life. I still think heā€™s doing incredibly badly when we need strong opposition more than any time in recent memory.

4 Likes

In the 2017 election the polls said that the Conservatives would win. The Conservatives won. Iā€™m not sure that that ā€˜provesā€™ anything, but it certainly doesnā€™t prove that the polls fail to pick the winner.

VB

If only the cunt would stop being a coward and actually come out and say as much. I could just about tolerate him but his silence on Brexit has meant that he is next to useless.

1 Like

Itā€™s far worse than that, the partyā€™s actions in parliament amount to a tacit endorsement due to the lack of opposition. I cannot see any other explanation than that he actually wants Brexit to happen.

1 Like
1 Like

donā€™t know if he is doing ā€˜ā€˜wellā€™ā€™ or ā€˜ā€˜poorā€™ā€™, I just wish he would do something

2 Likes

Heā€™s not up to it. He has made a career out of what heā€™s good at - acting as a conscience, working hard to root out injustice, championing the downtrodden, rousing the troops, being the grit in the oyster or the thorn in the flesh depending on your point of view. Unfortunately you need other skills to be a successful party leader, and he simply doesnā€™t have those. Thatā€™s not his fault (except he should have been sufficiently self-aware to realise it and not stand, or at least arrange not to win). But it is true.

VB

3 Likes

I think what I find odd is that none of those things seem to be present now that heā€™s in charge, when actually theyā€™d be a very useful set of attributes in the current climate.

I think he does.

The left donā€™t like the EU because they consider it too free-market, and fetters their ability to nationalise and subsidise. Theyā€™re mostly wrong: the state can own industries (most of France and Germany have huge state-owned utilities). While it cannot simply pump money directly into them, it can create a number of systems that support ailing industries indirectly, it just needs some imagination.

Ironic really, that both left and right dislike the EU for reasons that are simply wrong.

2 Likes

Corbyn has been a serial dissenter within his party, but now heā€™s in charge dissent is stamped on harder than it ever has been. Itā€™s all of the stereotypes of failed communism come true.

1 Like

Another explanation for his past behaviour is that heā€™s always had an ā€œIā€™m right and if you disagree with me then thatā€™s because youā€™re wrongā€ attitude. Combine that with an inability to cope with the compromises which effective politics always demands and you end up with a position which amounts to serial dissent. When someone with those limitations gets into power then the same attitudes suddenly amount to authoritarianism.

VB

3 Likes