Brexit - Creating a Cuntocracy - Now with 4d chess option

The whole thing was a guaranteed disaster whatever way it went. The issues with the design of the referen-dumb are only a small part of the problem.

I would be extremely surprised if that were the case. If I were a Brexiter I would be royally fucked off if a 2nd vote gave 3 or more options as all it does is dilute the Brexit vote. The Remain vote is never going to leak - thatā€™s always going to be at least 48%, imo.

1 Like

Partly, although the main issue is that it wouldnā€™t return a result with a majority

Given that the current mandate is to leave, that is the status quo.
It could be argued that we would need a a 55% majority to remain and overturn the first referendum. If it is a wishy washy 52% we should leave

3 Likes

Was listening to some Tory doughnut on nick allegro this morning who was saying a no deal would be more or less seamless

Twat

You are Danny Dyer and I claim my tenner.

(Inflation due to the fall in the pound)

2 Likes

Strictly speaking weā€™re currently talking about the third vote and the second referendum. The first referendum was in 1975, of course, when we voted to Remain. The argument that ā€˜we canā€™t have another referendum because weā€™ve already had oneā€™ rather falls on its arse when itā€™s pointed out that the referendum we just had was ā€˜anotherā€™ referendum. I know a lot has changed since 1975. But a lot has changed since 2016 too.

VB

3 Likes

Kind of ironic that the tories might be having another vote on May

The remainer they put it power just 2 years ago

Unicorns to the left of me Jokers to the rightā€¦

I wish people would stop saying May is a remainer. Sheā€™s absolutely incapable of original thought of her own and only does whatever she needs to, to cling to power based on what sheā€™s told by her advisors.

May is a remainer, she will say and do anything to remain in power.

2 Likes

Whether she was or wasnā€™t a ā€˜realā€™ remainer or not, the main fingerprint of Mayā€™s Brexit is her unwavering and festering hatred of free movement (also back to her Home Office days.)

This red line (or the implications of rejecting it) has more than any other caused this fucking mess. Partly, cos it was all so avoidable in the first place, and secondly because it so arbirtarily pulled the rug out from beneath anything based on the four freedoms.

That she she takes such fucking glee in celebrating the end of free movement ā€¦grrrrrr :hot_face:

Elsewhere: some much needed bedtime reading for the Trots. Canā€™t wait to see how much shit the Bastaniā€™s of this world pour on John Harris for this.

3 Likes

As far as the erg and it seems most brexit voters she is a remainer but yes she will do anything to stay in power. Seeing the UKIP go up by 2 points over the weekend Iā€™d expect her to lurch a bit more to the right over the coming days to get them back

I so wish the cabinet had been full of brexiteers for the last 2 years

Check this out

https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/1064226848530489344

1. Seventeen. Se. Ven. Teen

Jesus wept

Perhaps itā€™s time for Liz to step in and decide?

2 Likes

And then some!

They should give every prospective voter 5 basic questions relating to Brexit. Anyone who doesnā€™t get at least 3 correct should have their voting right removed.

1. Does leaving the EU mean we will no longer be part of the continent of Europe?
  2. Will we still have MEPā€™s if we leave the EU?
  3. Will border restrictions only apply to migrants and not to people with British passports?
  4. Will the Channel Tunnel be filled in if we leave?
  5. Is Michel Barnier a man or a woman?

That should eliminate about 50% of the leavers :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

6 Likes

Sad but true

Iā€™ve followed brexit nearly daily and I donā€™t understand much more than the basics

God knows how little most of uk understand it

:ok_hand:

Me too!

Which takes us back to what a stupid fucking idea the referendum was in the first place.

3 Likes

This.

Can it be a forum tagline?