Brexit - Creating a Cuntocracy - Now with 4d chess option

Exactly.

Full of wind and piss.

1 Like

Any idea supported on the basis of hate will be a steaming pile of shit.

but on the bright side…

“The UK’s exit from the EU should be a catalyst for far-reaching economic and social change and a “radical programme of investment” in infrastructure, education and skills”

which is pretty much what we’ve got from the EU over the past 40 years

2 Likes

What have the people of the UK, or even the UK, period, got to do with it ?

Their direction of travel is based purely on the capital return of the boards of directors that they sit on !

1 Like

Please explain that to our Lord, JC.

Unfortunately his eyes are fixed on stars in the East

1 Like

Certainly in the case of Johnson it’s all based around magical thinking and faith. Words like dynamic economy, bright future, self governing, Britain is great, don’t talk the country down etc etc. Corbyn does it as well: a jobs Brexit while protecting peoples’ rights. None of these phrases mean anything.

This is pretty much what all politicians have always done. The public then vote for them based on how convincing they are. Policy detail is then hammered out by the civil service.

2 Likes

Because keeping May in power will be days of wine and roses.

We know it won’t be, but a slap in the chops is better than being kneecapped.

I know, I know, it’s a poor analogy, but I wouldn’t like to imagine the consequences of someone further to the right taking her place.

2 Likes

The Duppers are hanging May out to dry on the Finance Bill.
Maybe showing they mean business

It’s hardly a secret that they will vote against the draft agreement. They’re just doing what they do best. Showing themselves as the utter cunts they are.

1 Like

Worth watching to get more of an idea about Corbyn’s view of Brexit & the EU. Also interesting to hear how accurately Varoufakis predicts the way the negotiations will go.

1 Like

Fair enough, but that’s just like minded people discussing the situation. Compare it with this.

The idea that he can renegotiate the deal is ludicrous. He says that it doesn’t matter that they have limited time (3 months) to finalise a deal, there’s a transition period. That transition period is part of the draft agreement that he says he’s going to vote down.

I think that SR nailed it with ‘fantasy politics’

I suspect that if No Deal is looking the likely outcome & someone else was prepared/enabled to try, the EU might be persuaded to extend the term of A50. He & Starmer have been having meetings with Barnier. They’ll know what might be on offer were they to be the ones doing the negotiating rather than May attempting it while simultaneously fending off the ERG lunatic fringe.

Given that he gets stick for wearing the ‘wrong’ coat at a memorial, it’s hardly surprising he’s cagey talking to the media generally.

Perhaps, but it’s a high risk scenario for Labour and a no chance scenario for the Conservatives. Other than a general election, how could this happen?

C’mon Guy, that’s not hardly surprising, it’s hardly relevant. He’s supposed to be the leader of the opposition. He should be able to rise above that crap and get on with his job. Yes, the press are stacked against him, but almost every Labour leader has had to deal with that, what makes him so different.

Well I like JC as he seems like a principled guy, my big worry is not him but the mental twat John McD behind him as JC is too weak / inexperienced to control him, so if he ends up in no11 then utter expect chaos as he nationalises anything he can without the money to pay for it, as happened in the mid 70s. I lived that FFS

If you have a money purchase pension scheme then expect a crash, ‘cos in the 70s most of us had a final salary scheme and were safe (like only the public sector are now) then a labour government shafted that with privatation then the 1975 Pensions Act, followed by Gordon ‘the iron chancellor’ Brown’s raid on ALL of our pensions.

So be warned, if JC is elected, which I believe is VERY likely, then my fund manager will be clearly instructed to get me out of ANYTHING that could be nationalised, and probably into outside of UK, depending upon exchange rates, which anyone could foresee being fucked due to heavy UK government borrowing resulting from John McD

Just my 2p worth

The biggest fuck up to most peoples pensions was the ‘Contracting Out’ fiasco in 1988 under the Thatcher Government. It will have a huge negative impact for lots of people retining now and over the next few years.

2 Likes

An old piece but it does suggest one motivation behind the initial and ongoing madness:

Varafoukis predicted the attitude of the Commission to negotiations while in a position of strength. It’s not Nostradamus stuff

None of this excuses the behaviour of the EU toward Greece amidst their finaincial crisis, which is a shameful chapter in the EU’s history IMHO. However, the Troika wouldn’t have been half so inclined to have been so intransigent if Varafoukis and his saboteur pals hadn’t themselves behaved like a bunch of cowboys.

Him being right about the Comission’s negotaiing doesn’t excuse him from being a twat anymore than it excuses HMG of approaching A50+ and thereafter like a a bunch of total numpties, with King Numptie David Davis at the top of the pile

I think you’re being a wee bit unfair to Brown. His measure’s, IIRC, did not contribute hugely to the pensions defecit and had as much, if not more, to do with the dot.com crash. I might be wrong, but the fact the attack on GB was led by George Osbourne and the Torygraph is perhaps an indicator

I wouldn’t hold your breath

I’m not clear whether the answers in the red boxes are meant to be coming from Jeremy Corbyn or Jacob Rees-Mogg (maybe that’s the point, in which case … whoooooosh, sorry).

VB