Brexit - Creating a Cuntocracy - Now with 4d chess option

Given what she has done to the whole country…

1 Like

Almost certainly because those organisations are more open to reason.

Has your predictive text recently been reset to ‘utter randomness’? :grinning:

2 Likes

Juncker was nominated by the European Council. He was the only nominee. There was one name on the ballot put to the “whole European Parliament”. This is the process that ‘elected’ Xi Jinping to be effective leader of China. He says he was elected democratically and if the EU process is ‘democratic’ then he’s absolutely right. But I’ve already said that Adam, for example, and I disagree about what ‘democratic’ means.

Most of the time when we have a general election in this country we know, in advance, who the candidates for PM are going to be. The choice (important word) between them is a factor, sometimes the most important factor, in how UK voters vote.

The ‘election’ of the president of the EU commission takes place five months after the election of the EU parliament. So when I vote for my MEP I don’t know who the president might be. The fact that this pushes the process much further down the democratic spectrum than it properly should be is revealed in this piece in which it’s not me expressing my views but Jose Manuel Barroso expressing his. You might think he would know what a stitch-up the commission presidency is, given that he was the commission president.

VB

1 Like

Lol, new phone!

1 Like

The fact is that they are going to do stuff (make laws, spend our money, etc). We can choose democracy, where they do that with a mandate like Theresa May’s, or the EU system, where they do it with a mandate like Xi Jinping’s.

VB

Surely the most important factor whether it democratic or not is that each country, including us votes on the passage of laws, bills etc.

1 Like

If you’ve seen the original sketch this is from, this is pretty funny.

2 Likes

Jan 29th for May’s 2nd go at getting her vote through.

Lots here on no deal:

John Allen having none of the bullshit

Oh god, when the DUP say “The PM is listening”, be afraid. Be very afraid.

Creative thinking

Border Guards on Hadrian’s wall?

4 Likes

Presumably Theresa isn’t talking to Hammond either now he’s talking about taking No Deal off the table.

With a wall round the M25,and Totnes

Interesting indeed

We need free votes, forget what bench you sit on.

1 Like

Well that’s fucking insane. I’d say that would make it a dead cert, but it’s insane genius so it has no chance :blush:

2 Likes

Stuff I gathered yesterday included that the EU would re-open negotiations if the red lines were removed, that A50 could be extended to the end of 2020 and that, although they’re a bit crap,Turkey manages to be in a form of Customs Union with the EU and yet is still able to strike trade deals with the rest of the world.

The Border Reivers will be quick to dust off their generations of cross-border trading expertise. :slightly_smiling_face:

BTW - the grammar school I went to made sure it’s pupils knew that the history of the school included being captured by reivers in 1296, with the masters and pupils burnt alive inside. What we now think of as inhuman terrorism in the Middle East isn’t that distant in our own past.

2 Likes

cancelled.