Brexit episode 2 - the attack of the gammon

4 Likes

In an attempt to find a new, simpler & cheaper means of getting a pallet of stuff moved from Germany to here, I contracted freight firm Kuehn & Nagel to do it. They collected it from the warehouse in Koln on 19th Jan. I’ve been chasing all along. Now it seems it’s ready to leave the K&N depot in Germany. This means it hasn’t even tried to pass through Dover yet (which is what I thought the delay might be) The shipment had all the required documentation ready at the time it was collected.

There was a time when this might have taken 2-3 days to get here at most & with no paperwork needed.

Now it costs 3x as much & seemingly will take a month. And this is a simple shipment containing just one category of product (loudspeakers) on one pallet.

Perhaps I should be asking J-RM if this is one of the Brexit benefits he’s going to be explaining to those of us who haven’t yet grasped why we’ve chosen to inflict sanctions on ourselves.

Imagine this & worse applied to the huge number far more complex shipments that would once have frictionlessly been moved here. And then double it for goods going the other way.

8 Likes

Still, it’ll be nice to see the smuggling trade get back on its feet again :grin:. Have you considered importing via Ireland ?

2 Likes

I did have some shipped to NI which was quicker & fortunately was where they needed to be anyway. They’re in a nice position over there provided the DUP don’t feck it up for them.

1 Like

It’s the same everywhere. I’m having to wait another two months for the UK to receive a batch of German power tools, no dealer has any until this shipment arrives. Their stocks ran dry in November last year!

1 Like

Just think of all the opportunities for unnecessary middlemen to ‘assist’ and provide ‘logistics services’

It is all going swimmingly

Don’t worry, Ree Smog will sort it out

1 Like

But it’ll all be better in the long run.

2 Likes

That’s what I seriously suggested in another thread about career changes :slight_smile:
I know of a family business that offers this service for over 100 yrs in Germany.

Another Brexit benefit salvaged from the bonfire of red tape.

Cunts

1 Like

10 Likes

Ah but, sovrinty innit? That’s what keeps you warm at night! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Thought that was at least a year old
It applied to all the Brits who didn’t apply for residency in time and were therefore only allowed to stay for 180 days.
Ah yes, knew it had been in the papers before, even the same bloke being quoted

1 Like

Rishi Sunak today trying to explain a collapse in UK exports where other economies are experiencing export growth now.

I must’ve missed seeing this bus during the EU referendum campaign

1 Like

The utter arrogance that is required to vote for Brexit while living as an ‘ex-pat’ in another country, courtesy of benefits conferred by being part of the EU, is utterly baffling to me. It takes a good dose of arrogance and thickness to believe there wasn’t going to be implications :person_gesturing_no:

12 Likes

Ignorance & entitlement hit this target too.

1 Like

But when the goose is noose all the chickens smile

Well then; whay- the fuck- do we have here then? :thinking:

Privatisation of the Royal Family was my fucking idea!*

*After a few pints of whisky… :innocent:

12 Likes