Broadband woes

Try a wired connection and see if you get the same. Wifi can be a pain and it will at least rule out out.

It’s perfect over Ethernet save for the seven feet of cable draped across my lounge to do it.

Have you migrated to satellite :joy:?

as Pete says try wired, also change the DNS from the router to something like google 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4 or cloudflare 1.1.1.1 / 1.0.0.1 as they’re much faster and more reliable than ISP ones

Try changing the 5G wifi channel on the router you may be getting interference from neighbours

Try changing channels on router, that sometimes helps. You can download phone apps that give you a measure of traffic on the channels allowing you to select the one that has the least other traffic.

Surely, that would not only be affecting one device though? As noted, everything else is within the margins of acceptable PlusNet shitness.

is everything else using 5G or 2G though?

5G is faster but suffers from interference

1 Like

It’s radio, i.e. black magic, so it’s perfectly possible one device does a better job than another in marginal conditions.

Also try disabling the 5 GHz.

Edit: see Chris meat me to it.

Unlikely to be DNS as that is upstream of the wifi and definitely would affect all devices.

AFAIK, the iPad and phone are on 5GHz too. Can’t comment on tellies, consoles, streamers etc.

I’d try disabling 5GHz. And switching channels (router wifi setup).

like Pete says it’s black magic, I’ve had devices next to the wifi AP be shit and stuff on the other side of the house be fine.

OK. I’ll delve into the router settings later and report back.

1 Like

Lobes.

No it’s just the way I’m standing

1 Like

Lobes is always the answer.

Put the laptop in the microwave for a minute, WiFi works better when it’s warm