Buffet or bust - Opinion sought

This is the correct response - Even gammon get it right sometimes

Certainly bigger. Those were very nice but this also was pretty good. It might not be wise to eat one every day though! It’s a serious lump of nice sausage meat. I think it was only £1.25 too.

Ok, thats next meet ups lunch sorted… Came across this in Soho at the weekend

It was a welcome break from trying to explain that bondage shops are not where Batman buys his kit to fruit of loin 1

2 Likes

They come over here, with their nice tarts, forcing us to buy their delicious confectionery tsk tsk

What’s wrong with a Kipling Country Slice if you’re hungry?

1 Like

Little minded people are similar to a Canapé , unfulfilling, questionable and liable to give a man the shits.

Top Sunday Sport headline! :eyes:

I have to say gentlemen, some fine ranting on here.
Fair brings a tear to my eye…
(As indeed can the fumes from the Iceland Indian Platter.)

1 Like

Known and trusted sources is the caveat. Co-workers or the like suggesting a “little thing where everyone brings something” can do one.

2 Likes

Choice kills appetite and memory IMO in food and other areas.

Hence buffets appeal theoretically but fail practically.

And we all say; ‘that was great, lovely’. But in a buffet there is a high likelihood that there will always be something we enjoyed, and little/no risk on the part of the buffet preparer. Buffets largely fill a social not gustatory purpose.

Thanks

For my birthday my wife took me here:

She saw this as a double win. A) It was a buffet B) she knew I would like it. It was a cake Buffet. I did like it but tended to hammer the cream tea element and didn’t faff with the wankoid jelly based shit.

In conclusion
I would have preferred larger scones - the rest could have fucked off. Buffets, even posh cake based ones are therefore toot

1 Like

Millbay road?

2 Likes

The $64,000 Dollar question is, did you tell her that?

And

Have you healed fully yet?

Did they provide butter so you could prepare your scone properly before applying jam & cream?

Did you eat it on the chaise?