Bulova Precisionist Longwood

For your erudite consideration I have for sale my Bulova Precisionist Longwood wristwatch. As you probably already know Bulova has a glorious history claiming to be the manufacturer of ‘the other’ moon watch and having the worlds first TV advert.
Their precisionist line uses a quartz crystal vibrating at 262khz instead of the more normal 32khz, this increases accuracy to seconds per year. They also implemented a higher frequency stepper motor for the second hand, (from what i understand) on more normal precisionist models the stepper runs at 8hz however on this example it runs at 16hz giving the second hand the smoothest sweep this side of a Seiko spring drive.
The watch itself has a detailed silver dial with what appear to be applied indices (but I don’t know for sure), date indicator at 6 - the best place for one and applied lume on the hour and minute hands. Crown is signed and has nice spiral knurling. Time keeping is excellent
Bracelet is solid and comfortable with a butterfly deployant clasp.
The battery was replaced a few years ago but has been kept with the crown in the adjust position so should be good for a while yet.
I wear it once or twice a year if that, usually just to check it still runs and then it goes back in the box so it’s in pretty good nick, no dings or scratches just a few swirlies. Could use a polish though.
Comes complete with Box, Papers and 2 spare links for the bracelet.
Ebay asking prices seem to be in the region of £150 + postage and I can’t find any completed listings for this model so let’s start at £135 posted. Bank transfer please as I don;t have paypal
Here’s some pictures. If you have any questions feel free to ask or pm me.

2 Likes

Nice piece. Can see why you’re selling - far too tasteful for you… :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve come to the realization that I’m just an auto whore.
I hardly wear any of my quartz watches so thought I’d start moving them on to people who might appreciate them.
It’s a shame because, as you say, it’s very tasteful and wears lovely on the wrist.

Might be open to a trade on this - preferably a straight swap.
Must be Automatic.
In decent condition i.e. no bits missing - working - reasonable time keeping, a few case scratches or swirlies is fine.
42mm or over with a decent lug to lug as I’m a big fat b’stard.

Something like a PAM homage (not a radiomir though) would be right up my cul de sac.