Car Wants (maybe once, but now just anything Jim can find on the internet. 🙄)

Agreed; the digital displays and unique for the time buttons really work well. :sunglasses:

I’m sure it would be possible to recreate the boundlessly optimistic sense of futurism of the older dash with modern internals in such a way as to work pretty well. Or just leave with @AmDismal and his Raspberry Pi collection for a week or two and see what happens.

3 Likes

There were two dashboards that, as a kid, i thought were futuristic. One was that Aston, i saw one at Beaulie. The second was my Uncles company car after Plessey switched from Ford to Citroen. Think it was one of these, a CX

7 Likes

=Sinclair

This is cool but it’ll never be ‘one off development mule coupe’ cool;

Built as a development car for the Virage, it was later put together to production standard and given a proper interior. I suspect the price it fetched recently is probably the highest any wedge Lagonda has ever achieved.

7 Likes

A car with a Fascia like that could be launched today and still look modern.

Timeless design classic, that. :ok_hand::sunglasses:

Saw this beaut’ earlier… :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I just can’t believe no matter the squint , bogging
I really should mute out of this thread

Love it although getting Ferrari 400i vibes, dream car especially in that Maroon!

And cos Daft Punk reasons

6 Likes

Deep offence will be taken if this is moved to the motoring horrors thread…

2 Likes

Do we have a perambulator thread?

:popcorn:

1 Like

“When you have take your commode with you, everywhere you go…”

Silly boy!

Fixt :grin:

1 Like

Reminds me of this:

2 Likes

It’s like someone set out to make a shit copy of a 70’s passion waggon based on a 90’s jap import van, probably called the ‘glad bingo happy fun time’ or some bollocks but then just gave up the will to live. Interior is probably painted with the contents of their skull after staring into the void for too long.

If I didn’t already have one.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/addict_car/status/1723010857158729902

Always had a bit of a thing fo the Piazza, pretty much pure unobtanium these days although I think the design really holds up!

2 Likes

If memory rather than Wikipedia serves me, wasn’t it a ?Bertone design, done as a study for the mk2 Scirocco?