Charge Like The Light Brigade

I would rinse the fuckers for all they are worth :+1:

15 Likes

It’s so much a question of time, you are selling them your skilll, knowledge, and experience. Charge accordingly.

How does that old joke go?

Chap calls Archimedes out to fix his screw. Archie looks at it from a few angles before clouting it ‘just so ‘ with his hammer and the screw springs back into life.

‘100 groats please’ says Archie
‘I’m not paying 100 groats for 5 minutes work’ says the man
‘Ok, 5 groats for hitting it with the hammer, 95 for knowing WHERE to hit it’ says Archie

They’re paying you for all the knowledge and experience you bring, not just the job you’re doing.

If you’re worried that they will have something that they will be able to extract a lot of value from over time, would some kind of royalty payment, in addition to time, make sense?

Sometimes milking may be better than rinsing…

Thanks for all the input fellas, lots of useful ideas here, so glad I asked! :slightly_smiling_face:

I think, having spoken to a couple of people as well as the pm’s and info here, plus my own thoughts, I need to really find out exactly what they want. Collaboration is different to a pattern cutting service. I can do either, or both and need to establish that. I can definitely add a lot to their offering and maybe beyond what they are thinking too. I’d rather it was all on the table and then work it out from there. What I don’t want to do is find it creeps, I need to define it.

It is however an exciting opportunity. I would like to build something longlasting and that fits with what else I get up to, both time wise and financially.

I’ll update!

This is of course like telling everyone you know that you’re giving up smoking. When they see you next with a fag on, they know you have failed. :grin:

8 Likes

The threat of public embarrassment is a great incentive

1 Like

See if you can snag one of these in a medium :smile:

1 Like

You’re about the only person on here that would fit!

4 Likes

Might be too baggy for @rmsshipbroker

3 Likes

Supply the market! Surely there must be something that could be rustled up out of vintage circus marquees that might suit the more gallantly proportioned gent ici?

2 Likes

Sports Direct?

3 Likes

I’ve got a heavy knit Fred Perry polo in dark blue, nice material but the cut leaves a lot to be desired. Shame as their modern polos seem to fit me very well in a medium. It might be worth trying to find someone to try to adjust the knitted one for me.

I am not really sure how you and @rmsshipbroker got past the interview to be members here :thinking:

3 Likes

Wot interview? They only interviewed the shit heels/ naim owners and dubious girl guitar record owners…

What we lack in girth, OCD, gluttony and pedantry we make up for in sheer cuntishness :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Forum tagline etc

2 Likes

Moarlyke

1 Like

Tried a putin gymnast routine and got voted in taking up jap crap cast offs, trump card postal vote.

Ill vote him again

1 Like

@Wayward
this may, or may not, be of interest

1 Like

Interesting, thanks Simon, I’ll check that out. :+1: