Cheap VW Phaeton – Yes or No? (AKA bought Phatdeo instead 😬)

Who are you calling a massif porker :angry:

7 Likes

Update. Looks like the Merc is going the week after next, even in its broken state.

However, having to sell it as fucked has reduced my new car budget from £3000 to &1700, so the Phaeton is out.

So, even though I know what I want, your suggestions are usually funny, sometimes bizarre, mostly ridiculous and very occasionally useful. So - go on; knock yourselves out…

How about an Aston Martin? :rofl:

3 Likes

Lexus LS

:grin:

3 Likes

Because I like decent cars, I would of course love one of these.

However you may have missed the “£1700” bit. It’s a whole car I want to buy for this, not just an alloy wheel.

:roll_eyes:

Astra?

1 Like

2 Likes

:blue_car:

1 Like

Skoda Superb. £1750.

6 Likes

https://www.gumtree.com/p/alfa-romeo/alfa-gt-/1331094573

Thought that was just the bill for the first random bit that would inevitably break. Like a lightbulb or such.

And then the same every few days.

Astra - possibly. Although the ones in my price range are the generation before Vauxhall re-discovered ‘styling’. Also Mrs. B hates them as an ex of hers had two and he was, by all accounts, a tosser.

Lexus. Nice but no. Jap cars may be more reliable but when they do go wrong they cost a fortune.

Skoda. Again, nice but German, despite what the badge would have you believe. See above regarding reliability/parts costs.

Alfa. :joy::rofl: No, but seriously…

Mazda Xedos £1295

I wouldn’t touch Mazda with a bargepole, had a nightmare with my diesel 6 a few years back.

French then :smiley:

1 Like

specialized-stumpjumper-st-2019-mountain-bike-yellow-EV337836-1000-1

Every possible optional extra…including beige and wood :joy:

1 Like

Ooo - I forgot about the Mazda Xedos. Always loved the Xedos 9 and I adored my old MX-6.

Peugeot? With the greatest respect - do one.

Jaaaaag.

6 Likes

Now you’re talking! :+1:

Incidentally, I had a look at the Skoda. It’s diesel. How very dare you…