Clocks on cocks (Part 1)

This.

1 Like

1 Like

This reminds me that I should bring people’s attention to these:

Setting aesthetics aside, these so-called “stingray” straps exploit literally dozens of species of rays worldwide.
Rays are part of the same order as sharks - cartilaginous fish that tend to be long-lived and not terribly fecund (So-called K-strategists).
Most species are exploited only for their skin and a few anatomical features - and most are somewhere between threatened and teetering-on-extinction.
No care is taken by most strap-makers about sustainable sourcing, so it is preferable, if you can so bear, not to purchase anything made from so-called stingray skin. :+1:
Thanks for your forebearance :+1:

10 Likes

Feckin’ virtue signaller :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Audio Abattoir: never knowingly undercunted :+1:

4 Likes

^^ Dec 2018

2 Likes

Fools never differ

1 Like

Unicorn foreskins FTW.

I love the look of teju leather straps what’s Maureen o’greentwats ecological cuntometer rating?

Wendover Antiques = The little shop of horrors…

£21k for a steel Daytona in Belfast today :grimacing:

Hmm, that could be read in several ways.

Please mentally preface with “They were asking …”, not “I paid …”

Ugly bluddy things, I wouldn’t give you £21 for one*

(Second bit is a lie, I would. Then I’d sell it.)

Nup, always liked them.

However when I was properly into watches retail was about £4k and street price was £6k, and I wouldn’t pay that then.

£21k, sheesh.

1 Like

I hope you bought that Oris to keep @MJ2 company.

3 Likes

Mingers every one

1 Like

Rolex prices are just utterly batshit, and it’s dragged most of the big names up with it. Such is marketing when coupled to the power of herd-mentality - not least cos most of their stuff is ugly and tacky (except the recent Air King, which I do covet).

Glad I spent some time exploring the the less-known Swiss and German stuff, and the microbrands.

Some suggestion that Rolex prices are showing signs of weakening popping up on the watch forums. Prolly wishful-thinking!

5 Likes

I was appalled at the grotesqueness.

You dont like Rolex? You should’ve said and perhaps consider mentioning it more often. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

1 Like