CNC or 3D print all the things

Messing with fusion 360, hoping to make some new boxes for my 3 way actives so I can get them to Yorkshire.

13 Likes

Design finalised, and after some initial issues with the machine I have it cutting too.

5 Likes

Looking good. What material are you using?

Oooooh! what drivers?

Too clever by half, some people :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just MDF as these are pretty much just for Lopwell north. I can always use ply later.

Same drivers as before, Seos 12 horn and a 10" Precision devices mid, 18" bass cabinets will remain as is.

Its mostly an excuse to figure out fusion 360 and learn its CAM.

6 Likes

Very cool stuff man.

So far so good.

8 Likes

Magazine rack? :thinking:

2 Likes

Crib for the School Navity perhaps.

2 Likes

Hiw long do you reckon it will take to fabricate all the parts?

Not sure really, I haven’t helped my self by trying out mitres, maybe 30 mins for the larger parts each?

1 Like

So easy a day to do the lot. That’s pretty swift I reckon.

You could do it much quicker on a larger machine, or if I had a decent table saw to cut the mitres on, I tend to just do a couple of parts each evening then its less of a chore.

1 Like

I wasn’t sure how the joints would turn out since they are being cut on the cnc with a ball end, possibly the least effcient method possible but it seems to work.

9 Likes

Quick test fit, looking good, only a few more panels to machine.

21 Likes

got any pics of panels being machined?

Not taken any, but I can on the next ones.

2 Likes

Are they standmounts?

They are just my big 3 way actives without the large boxes for the mid and horn, they will sit on top of the 18" bass drivers.

The Mid I’m using only goes down to 100-150hz or so, so they wouldn’t be much use as a stand mount, there are similar designs with different woofers that could work as a stand mount without extra bass drivers, but they wouldn’t be 100db sensitive.

1 Like