CNC or 3D print all the things

I would go for CU NT

You are missing the centre design which looks like a C

REEL on the left and UNT on the right would be best!

3 Likes

The way the light catches that it looks like ’ COCO SANE’

16 Likes

Very nice,but needs the cs from captain scarlet logo in the middle

10 Likes

Wow. Is that my amp?

A pedant replies: the logo is in fact the Spectrum Organisation logo. Captain Scarlet was an employee/agent of said organisation and as such he had no logo of his own.

Carry on.

14 Likes

Top pedantry :joy:

2 Likes

Progress.

13 Likes

Great stuff.

Love it.

Love it.
Be out on mine tomorrow
Some tonearm collar’s and Velvet Vortex parts to make.
:grinning:

Is that real time Edd or speeded up?

Real time.

1 Like

8 Likes

Walls look a little thin, especially the back one. If I was doing my own, I would be tempted to make a stupid thick box.

It’s 20mm on the sides. Front and back will have a slab of 12mm Corian.

giphy%20(31)

1 Like

Got a quote for some of the stuff for the new house that included a Krion bathtub.

Aren’t composite systems like that much better for resonances? I think they are.

Corian is pretty good acoustically, more importantly it machines on the cnc really well.

This is the third pair of these speakers I have built, the first, as seen at my last bake off, was just an 18mm ply box with a corian top and baffle. The second set, that Ian has and as seen at the Settle gathering and various bake offs, was the same but all corian.

Each project I try and push my cad skills a little further, so I fancied a stacked ply speaker so I could figure out how to do it so I can make stacked ply horns, and it should look nice, and sound as good as the previous pairs.

1 Like