CNC or 3D print all the things

28 down 8 to go.

7 Likes

Some stacked beech ply 160hz elliptical LC flares, this is just the front section they will extend further back when I get round to doing it…probably 200kg each and 1m 20 across at the mouth…

19 Likes

They look very good. What sort of tolerance does it achieve?

Exactly, I would love to make something similar I just need to improve my cad cam skills a bit :smile:

1 Like

Some big round ones,these are in birch…

15 Likes

Whoah ! That must take some class machining.

Some smaller 425hz EJMLC flare with brass adapters for S2 units.

19 Likes

You bet, machined front and back on a massive machine and over £1k in materials :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Not all that sure, 0.05mm at a guess on the aluminium. On wood seems more like 0.5mm depending on how fast I run the machine and how worn out the cutter is.

1 Like

How much time did you spend sanding them?

A lot:)…it’s why they aren’t finished yet, my arms gave up on me… 90hz versions would be interesting.

Spent the summer on the balcony a few years back finishing the round ones off. Not sure I really like the look of the purple phenolic resin on the birch which is why I moved over to using the more expensive beech.

There is some nice joinery in them though on the roll back.

4 Likes

They look like something Henry Moore might have come up with.

1 Like

The wife saw them and commentedf they looked like Barbra Hepworth works, which is pretty close :laughing:

1 Like

She’s definitely closer than I was.

Well they were married…

No they weren’t…

I blame the wife, she was the one who told me :laughing:

1 Like

That’s my default position too, as long as she’s not listening…

Beautiful!

1 Like

I think that the next challenge should involve an oak tree, a lathe, a chainsaw and some vernier calipers only.