CNC or 3D print all the things

:grinning:

Bet that cape is the same colour as @Jim’s varicose veins.
:innocent:
Gambling on any other blood filled protrusions is too hideous to contemplate though.
:worried:

2 Likes

I haven’t got any, that’s why I look so good in shorts :grin:

5 Likes

How are you programming it to produce something like that? Is there software now that can take the details of a 3D scan & convert it into a cutting program for your miller in the way that some 3D printers can?

I’m not an artist, at all. In this case I sourced a 3D model, in stl format, https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-print-models/art/sculptures/jesus-medallion-2

There are all kinds of stl files floating round, ebay sellers with 100s of decorative shapes.

The rest was done in CAM software, the basic shape is cut out with a regular end mill, then the rest was cut with a 3mm ball end mill.

Good example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B8IauHd8Gg

I built a 3D printer a while ago, it gave me a good head start with cad/cam.

1 Like

One of my slower to do projects, a small 2-way speaker.

Baffle and top will be Corian.

I love the tolarances around the driver and port fits, previously something I’ve been useless at with a hand held router.

12 Likes

A little more progress on the speakers.

6 Likes

The finish on them is far too posh.
What you need to do is paste some graph paper on there.

3 Likes

I might have a useable pair of speakers sometime this year, maybe.

9 Likes

Not the size of a house.
I am disappoint.

1 Like

It’s mostly a small project to learn how to use the cnc machine. House scale speakers come later.

4 Likes

Aaah, so these are the equivalent of an airfix scale model. :thumbsup:

1 Like

No these are ‘far away’.

4 Likes

I kinda fancy these next:

Could you cnc me a pair of mpingo ear plugs for Leonards’ aaac? Likely still sound shit :slight_smile:

1 Like

Keep your premature spurting to yourself and yer Maw there Stu. Wait until @LeonardSmalls has released the funk upon us before giving it the full money shot of your angst and hatred.

1 Like

I’m getting more and more tempted by a spot of Last Exit…
The Noise of Trouble could even be heard in all its glory in the Balkans!

1 Like

Every time I look at this thread I look around my workshop and imagine all the things that could be fettled so nicely with some CNC chicanery. I hope you don’t mind me asking but what kind of sizes can you manage on your machine?

The working area is around 450mm x 450mm x 150mm, It can fit stock up to 600mm.

1 Like

5 Likes