Cocks on clocks (Part the Second)

Continuing the discussion from Clocks on cocks (Part 1) - #10022 by dom.

Previous discussions:

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Activity tracker watches

WTF! Rally straps?
I thought (hoped) they had died out with mesh backed “driving gloves” in the '60s

3 Likes

A few years ago, I’d have hoovered this up because of brand loyalty reasons…

Ducati used to have some decent watch partners actually, Tudor and Fortis spring to mind.

1 Like

The Tudor chronograph version is superb. Nearly bought one when they were cheap-ish.

1 Like

Opinions?

Not mine, but I could be tempted to start sniffing around it.

10 Likes

Not a brand I know anything about but that looks really classy to me. I love it’s understated face and that exhibition back is gorgeous :heart_eyes: and 7 days power reserve too.

A nice overview of the company here for uneducated peasants like myself.

3 Likes

It looks nice but why talk yourself into buying more watches again?

Didn’t you get off that merry-go-round?

Now I know you bought a nice watch recently so why not just enjoy that?

Grand Seiko Hi-Beat 3600 GMT “Peacock” SBGJ227 Limited Edition…A little busy perhaps?
Not mine

4 Likes

HISSSSS!!! :angry:

You are Bad at Watches.

3 Likes

Love Moser, but boocoo Spendy. Streamliner please, any of them -

5 Likes

I like a bit of variation. I have 4 black dialled steel sports watches (oh hai there @Kevin).

I’d like eventually to distil that into something more age-appropriate.

1 Like

They aren’t the quickest watches to move on. Not like a Rolex that you can liquidate in an hour.

Ignoring all that, they really are lovely, never serviced one but had two through my hands to refurbish the cases on. Very nicely made watches

1 Like

I got the impression that you’d only want to buy a “fully depreciated” one.

1 Like

Very much this

1 Like

FWIW, there’s a green-dialled 3-hander Streamliner on TZ for £16,500 - they’re £19,800 new and currently unobtanium with a year long waiting list.

I’m only £16K short… :sob:

3 Likes

They are lovely, but when you into get into prices at Moser, VC, AP level the number of buyers gets smaller and they become very fussy.
As I would be to be honest, a dink or a scratch on a <£3k watch might be OK but if I was spending >£15K on a watch it would have to be perfect.

1 Like

That Moser you posted is lovely, you should buy it!

2 Likes

Enablers!

1 Like