Cocks on clocks (Part the Second)

I’m at a loss why anyone buys these - at a guess they’re bought-in off-the-shelf parts, allegedly assembled in IS (probably means stuffed in boxes), FAT prices, and boring, derivative designs - done better by people that charge less…

No.

WTF

3 Likes

OOooo nice.

Pity its quartz though.

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

Well I bought one as it was a nice reminder of a trip I ran out there, and I wanted something that was a bit more different/personal.
They are a bought in movement (as are a lot of watches - not that the big brands advertise this) and are assembled in IS. The guys running the shop are great, customer service was first rate (far better than any hifi shop Ive been to) and at the time I found it reasonably priced.

3 Likes

Nice.

I was a member of a R M Williams FaecesBook group. Right up until there was increase in one-upmanship bollox like this…

1 Like

There is your problem right there

1 Like

Stupidly, I thought I might get an insight into new products an’ stuff. But the amount of wankers (mostly Strayan) is truly painful.

I’ll balance it out with my close-out special Oris, unkempt garden and Royal Mail trainers garnished avec crusty dog turd.

6 Likes

No one’ll join in if you set the bar that high.

1 Like

At least you got the shoe laces in focus

1 Like

Oh, was there a watch in shot?

1 Like

Oris, just too hot to focus☠️

5 Likes

And another…

Fucking wankers !

2 Likes

Calm down, it’s only Rolex owners after all.

1 Like

Ok just about got the Sinn (I bought a couple of weeks ago) into focus - thanks to @Mrs_Maureen_OPinion for the steers - got £200 off

17 Likes

Damn them encroaching on summat I like :rage:

That’s really nice

1 Like

Took the Speedy into the Omega boutique to be sent off for a service the other day. Was a very pleasant experience which included a couple of free beers and a nice chat with the manager. He noticed the Oris I was wearing and said they’re really underrated, and was amazed when I told him how much I’d paid.

I told him about my less than edifying experience when I tried to get on a list for a Sub.

He pointed across the way to Goldsmiths and asked if was them, I said yeah, Goldsmiths, but not that branch.

He said that he loves being next them because of the amount of custom he gets from pissed off potential Rolex customers. He sells loads of Seamasters/Planet Oceans to people who have been told it’s a 3 year wait after they’ve spent a few grand to establish a relationship to buy a stainless dive watch, and they just walk across the mall and can have anything in the shop there and then. These are people who just want to buy a nice watch, not make an investment.

He then said “They’re nice, good watches, but it’s all due to awesome marketing, it’s not like they’re Vacheron Constantin!”

9 Likes